Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale - 24th June to 4th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ok that's Torchlight bought. Picked up Space Rangers 2 the other day, interesting turn-based game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damnit they just fixed my credit card issue and the sale changes to titles I already own or have little interest in getting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Today's specials:

-75% 19,99€ 4,99€ Star Wars Galaxies
    -75% 19,99€ 4,99€ Titan Quest Gold
    -85% 19,99€ 2,99€ Thief: Deadly Shadows
    -50% 3,99€ 1,99€ The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom Released
    -66% 29,99€ 10,19€ X3 Gold
    -40% Save on all Dragon Age: Origins
    -75% 14,99€ 3,74€ Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    -75% 29,99€ 7,49€ Tropico 3 - Steam Special Edition
    -80% 8,99€ 1,79€ Madballs in Babo:Invasion

Some good stuff but I have all the ones I want already. Tropico 3 is well worthy picking up and Thief DS is a classic.

P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Winterbottom is great value at two euro, fun twist on the Braid type of gameplay with a superb presentation.

Might pick up Thief: DS if only to play that level which is meant to be one of the best ever!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

oceanclub wrote: »
    Today's specials:

-75% 19,99€ 4,99€ Star Wars Galaxies
    -75% 19,99€ 4,99€ Titan Quest Gold
    -85% 19,99€ 2,99€ Thief: Deadly Shadows
    -50% 3,99€ 1,99€ The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom Released
    -66% 29,99€ 10,19€ X3 Gold
    -40% Save on all Dragon Age: Origins
    -75% 14,99€ 3,74€ Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    -75% 29,99€ 7,49€ Tropico 3 - Steam Special Edition
    -80% 8,99€ 1,79€ Madballs in Babo:Invasion

Some good stuff but I have all the ones I want already. Tropico 3 is well worthy picking up and Thief DS is a classic.

P.

Left out Bioshock which is 4.99 today only as well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Thief: Deadly Shadows does not support play on laptop computers.

Wth? So is this true? Seems like a strange issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Surely it is from when it was first released maybe? When no available laptops met the requirements? If not that is pretty shit!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just bought Orange box for 20.09. Hope that's not the end of my summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thief's were excellent games, really hard though! Proper stealth game that made you work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Thief DS is a classic.
    I've never played a Thief game before - would it be OK jumping in on the 3rd, or would I be missing too much story from the first two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've never played a Thief game before - would it be OK jumping in on the 3rd, or would I be missing too much story from the first two?

Naw, just go with the 3rd. I don't think the 1st 2 will have aged well. Plus the story, as far as i remember, is confusing in all of them anyway!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Naw, just go with the 3rd. I don't think the 1st 2 will have aged well. Plus the story, as far as i remember, is confusing in all of them anyway!

Yes, it's a heretical view, but I really loved Thief:DS but could never get to grips with the first 2. It's still looks pretty good too; download the hi-res textures:

http://www.john-p.com/textures/Thief-DS/index.shtml

P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone get tropico 3?anygood?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah totally worth it. Awesome game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is it only the demo that plays badly? I downloaded it and it was terrible. (my pc aint ****e either)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The best part of the sale is that tonnes of people are playing L4D1 again :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thief's were excellent games, really hard though! Proper stealth game that made you work

True that, definitely worth a play . . . I still play Thief 3 now and then too.

Also, Thief 4 will be coming out next year maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

True that, definitely worth a play . . . I still play Thief 3 now and then too.

Also, Thief 4 will be coming out next year maybe!

Don't you mean Thi4f ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Burgo wrote: »
    Don't you mean Thi4f ;)

Id say they will change their minds on the choice of naming down the line . . .

Driv3r was bad enough.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Id say they will change their minds on the choice of naming down the line . . .

Driv3r was bad enough.:D

The curse is already set...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its fairly addictive, you'd definitely get your €7.50 worth from it.

-50% 49,99€ 24,99€ Prototype™ Released
    -75% 19,99€ 4,99€ Star Wars® Empire at War™: Gold Pack
    -75% 6,99€ 1,74€ Beat Hazard Released
    -50% 19,99€ €9,99 Crysis
    -75% 49,99€ 12,49€ Saints Row 2
    -75% 4,99€ 1,24€ Day of Defeat
    -75% 42,99€ 10,74€ The Bionic Commando Pack
    -66% 8,99€ 3,05€ Half-Life
    -75% 14,99€ 3,75€ Max and the Magic Marker
    -66% 29,99€ 10,19€ Borderlands

Bit rubbish, meh. The Prototype price is ridiculous, as is Saints Row 2 (I got that in HMW (!) for a tenner a while back and it's been online for pennies). Am tempted by Borderlands for a tenner - cheapest online retail price is €15.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Impulse have the same THQ bundle for €17 cheaper than in the steam sale

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W473

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Skerries wrote: »

There's different games in them.Steam don't have SupCom and Impulse don't have Frontlines:Fuel of War,Metro 2033,Saints Row 2, and DOW 2,DOW:Chaos Rising

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Skerries wrote: »

That's missing Metro 2033, Frontlines, Saints Row 2 and Dawn of War 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

men of war + exspansion is good for 7.50.
    its soldiers heroes of ww2 but better, and online is good if you can find an english speaking opponet, a russian made game so lots of them on it.

gonna get tropico 3, sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Activision and EA seem to be very strict about their games in these sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Am tempted by Borderlands for a tenner - cheapest online retail price is €15.

It is well worth a tenner, you'll get lots of mileage out of this game. A real unexpected classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It is well worth a tenner, you'll get lots of mileage out of this game. A real unexpected classic.

Yep, I'm almost tempted to buy it again just so that I can play it with the mouse + keyboard...
    Absolutely fantastic game, well worth getting imo (especially if you know some other people who fancy playing with you)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Butterbumps

I'll add another Borderlands recommendation. Definitely worth a tenner, especially if you can play it co-op.

And even though it doesn't mention it on the Steam frontpage, Borderlands DLC is also 66% off, if anyone's been holding off getting it (like me).

Advertisement