Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale - 24th June to 4th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

OK bought it! Must try to find a group to co-op with...

P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is saints row 2 freeroam like gta?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Is saints row 2 freeroam like gta?

Yes.

But its a awful PC port and runs like a dog even on high spec systems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Venom wrote: »
    Yes.

But its a awful PC port and runs like a dog even on high spec systems.

In that case.....I'll leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone else here getting Borderlands? Would be nice for a bunch of newbies to play co-op together. My Steam name's Rob Velocity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In that case.....I'll leave it.

Actually runs fine, great fun playing that game with a mate in coop. Its like GTA on drugs some mad **** happens :D

Easily one of the best fun games i have played online and now 2 years old should easily run on any decent pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone else here getting Borderlands? Would be nice for a bunch of newbies to play co-op together. My Steam name's Rob Velocity.

I'll be getting but probably won't get a chance to install it until Monday or Tuesday.Steam name is titan31

Im definitely topping up my 3v tomorrow,theres bound to some bargins on sunday :):D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Im definitely topping up my 3v tomorrow,theres bound to some bargins on sunday :):D.

At Christmas when they had a similar sale the last day of the sale repeated all the most popular deals again. So i'd expect to see Left 4 dead 2 and so on again on Sunday!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just picked up Borderlands myself but I've a ton of games to finish from previous steam binges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you buy Thief or The Witcher:

For the love of [insert deity] go for the most difficult setting. Thief is best when you have more restrictions on play (you're not an assassin! the less you interact with the NPCs the better you're doing!), and Witcher is most immersive when every monster will easily kill you without poisoning yourself with a few potions before every fight. Too many games these days are insultingly easy. Those games will give you a proper run for your money on the higher difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Great. Bought HL2 so I could mess around with all the mods (had orange box for 360 before), and lo and behold, Valve have broken almost all of them (think someone suggested it was something to do with the reworking for Mac.
    Every time I load an old mod, I just get a horde of "file missing" errors, think they all need to be listed in a file called image.scenes, which wasn't necessary back when the mods were made, and I wouldn't have a notion of how to do it myself...

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sarky wrote: »
    If you buy Thief or The Witcher:

For the love of [insert deity] go for the most difficult setting. Thief is best when you have more restrictions on play (you're not an assassin! the less you interact with the NPCs the better you're doing!), and Witcher is most immersive when every monster will easily kill you without poisoning yourself with a few potions before every fight. Too many games these days are insultingly easy. Those games will give you a proper run for your money on the higher difficulties.

Funny, I originally started playing through the Witcher on the default difficulty and ended up giving up on it due to a difficulty spike in a swamp area and never came back to it.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, the swamp was extremely difficult, yeah. Levelled out a bit afterwards, but anyway it was damned satisfying to get through despite everything the developers threw at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Ha! thats where i gave up on it as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

July 3rd

Mount & Blade €10.20
    Just Cause 2 €24.99
    Portal €1.49
    Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse €16.49
    Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich €1.62
    World of Goo €5
    Metro 2033 €17.49
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 €33.49
    Devil May Cry 4 €5

Seriously, if you don't have Portal by now, what are you doing even reading this forum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Poor choice today imo.Portal is the only one worth getting and I have it already.Most of them can be got for cheaper elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Freedom Force s'possed to be good I hear.

I regret buying Beat Hazard. Strobe lighting does my head in.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Credit Card declined :( Stupid AIB, why the **** don't they ring you to check if you are making purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Freedom Force s'possed to be good I hear.

I regret buying Beat Hazard. Strobe lighting does my head in.:(

its worth it at the price, though it is dated, very dated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

hmmm, Im tempted by metro 2033,
    Great price for a game that was released 3 months ago.
    Play.com are selling it for twice the price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Krieg wrote: »
    It has great atmosphere but the shooting is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The Freedom Force games are great fun and well worth it at that price - I finished "..vs 3rd Reich" not that long ago after getting it in the Steam Xmas sale.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Krieg wrote: »

I loved Metro 2033 one of the best single-player FPS games I've played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ShaneU wrote: »
    It has great atmosphere but the shooting is terrible.

I found the shooting fine but its a very basic on the rails FPS and the story is a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Burgo wrote: »
    I loved Metro 2033 one of the best single-player FPS games I've played in years.

Great game alright love the style and settings of games coming from eastern Europe something really raw about them.

Not sure if this is even part of the sale, but I couldn't resist picking up the black edition of Painkiller for £3 after reading Eurogamer's retrospective of it...

/edit
    I love how Steam have now reached play.com style ease of purchasing... Makes little spur of the moment purchases like this so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Is there one more day left in the sale?

I know they did a best of for the last day of the Christmas sale and picked some fairly crappy games,hopefully It's something nicer this time around! although with the sales I'm running out of things I want to buy.

Yep, last day of the sale starts at around 6pm... Can't wait to see what comes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Nice one, more stuff to buy that I won't have time to play :)

Advertisement