Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking & Accommodation in UL

Options
  • 24-06-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    i'll be attending UL in September for a 2 year postgrad and am curious about the parking situation in UL..
    so whats it like? do you have to pay for a permit? if its a disaster i.e. no spaces can you park in the surrounding estates and walk over without getting clamped?
    do you need to get in very early to get a space?

also while im at it...is daft.ie the best/only resource for finding private accommodation in a shared house?
    can you get a good place for under 200euro per month? any advice?

thanks all, i look forward to moving down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Piriz wrote: »
    hi all,
    i'll be attending UL in September for a 2 year postgrad and am curious about the parking situation in UL..
    so whats it like? do you have to pay for a permit? if its a disaster i.e. no spaces can you park in the surrounding estates and walk over without getting clamped?
    do you need to get in very early to get a space?

also while im at it...is daft.ie the best/only resource for finding private accommodation in a shared house?
    can you get a good place for under 200euro per month? any advice?

thanks all, i look forward to moving down.
    You need to get in before 9 to stand any chance of getting a place in the free car park, after that you will have to pay for the €3 car park. A lot of people if they are late park in Elm Park housing estate, you won't get clamped there as the college don't own it. If you park in any of the College estates there is a good chance you will be clamped.

Never lived on campus so can't give you accommodation advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The on campus accomodation estates take the reg number of your car at the start of the year if you have one - in other words if you aren't a resident you're liable to be clamped.

As has been mentioned the free ones fill up early - the one next to the arena and the big one behind the Foundation Building. Be care you note what car park you're going into as some of them are Faculty only. As far as I'm aware the car park behind the Schumann has some non faculty spaces but you'll have to check that.

For pay car parks there are two main ones; the €3 one across from the stables [though I think I am correct in thinking that you can get out of this one for free after 6pm]. And there is one up above the Kemmy/Schumann [1st left at the roundabout past the Schumann.

The estates around the college are dodgy - the guards issue tickets in College Court sometimes from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

cson wrote: »

For pay car parks there are two main ones; the €3 one across from the stables [though I think I am correct in thinking that you can get out of this one for free after 6pm].

After 9.30pm actually!!
    6pm would only be too nice ;)

Advertisement