Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overnight at cork airport

Options
  • 24-06-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Does Cork Airport close during the night? I am due to fly out of there on December 27th at 6:30am, and am looking at booking a flight from Galway to Cork on 26th. It arrives at 20:50 on 26th.

I know it is a long wait, but seeing as I would have to be in the airport at 4:30am, it would only be an 8 hr wait and I think it would be a waste to book a hotel.

So is it possible to stay in the airport over night??

Comments

Dunno to be honest, many hotels will be closed on the 26th though, those that are open may well be full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I've heard that it is possible to 'crash' there overnight. Some other experiences here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

You can do it in just about every other airport in the world, don't see why Cork would be any different tbh. esp at that time of year when hotels are limited as stated above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I stayed in the airport one Stephens night a few years back. However it was heavy snow so we had to go up and wait until the next morning. What a disaster never again. Loads of drunken fools around!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

People sleep overnight at Munich Airport. Most flights have departed at 22:00 hours. People sleep on the seats in the checkin area.
    Usually checkin desks close at 21:30h, reopening at 04:00 hours.
    From 21:30 h the cleaners arrive. The equipment maintenance team go working. Sometimes there is building with loud drilling.

Airport security and police seldom approach or wake these overnighters.

In the security/boarding area some transit passenger sleep. They are always woken by the cleaning machines.

Staying overnight in Cork Airport should be no big deal. How about ear plugs and those thingamajig night blinkers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Sleeping in dublin airport myself at the moment because i missed the last bus to cork. Up here anyway two weeks ago the airport police came around at about 4am and woke everybody up asking for passports and tickets. Other than that there was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Well the airport is definitely open all night, and i really don't see a problem with you staying there just as long as you don't cause hassle and say hello to the airport police or even have a little chat with them to become friendly when they see you you'l be sorted for the night!

It's usually just the subway girls on and the odd taximan and airport policeman coming in! I work around the airport and everyones fairly easygoing that time of night!

Advertisement