Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Jardine cut

• 24-06-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭

We all knew it was coming after if he lost the Hamill fight.Off to Strikeforce now id say
    After five years, 13 fights and four straight losses, Keith Jardine's tenure with the UFC is over.

UFC President Dana White confirmed to MMA Fighting that the company has cut ties with the Ultimate Fighter season two alumni after his recent majority decision loss to Matt Hamill at last Saturday's TUF 11 finale.

"It sucks," White said. "I have nothing but respect for him and I hope to see him back soon."

Jardine -- nicknamed "The Dean of Mean -- first gained national attention in 2005 while on TUF, where he was eliminated from the competition by future friend and training partner Rashad Evans. He started his official UFC tenure with wins in four of his first five fights, including a TKO win over future champion Forrest Griffin at UFC 66. That win was expected to rocket him into contender status in the light-heavyweight division, but a shocking upset derailed his forward momentum.

Share At UFC 71, he'd been scheduled to face David Heath, but after Heath was moved into a different match, Jardine was paired with little-known Houston Alexander. At the time, Jardine was a huge favorite, but Alexander knocked him out in just 48 seconds. That began a see-saw stretch in which he struggled to find the consistency he needed to establish himself as a true championship contender.

After seemingly bouncing back with a split-decision win over Chuck Liddell, Jardine was ranked by some sites among the top ten light-heavyweights in the world, but in his next bout, he was knocked out by Wanderlei Silva. After another split-decision win, this time over Brandon Vera, Jardine hit the skids, dropping four straight, with losses to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader and finally, Hamill.

Prior to his final bout, Jardine was aware his future could be on the line, but he couldn't hold off Hamill in a closely fought match. Ironically, the bout was competitive enough to earn Jardine a $25,000 "Fight of the Night" bonus, but was not enough to save his job.

The 34-year-old Jardine (15-8-1 overall) finished his UFC run with a 6-7 mark.
    link

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What will I do for my unorthodox, awkward, herky jerky fighter needs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did I mention that he so elusive too?

Seriously that sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He was a gate keeper, but ultimately one I loved to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Great news. Strikeforce are probably in the process of signing him right now. He's a serious fighter with a really well-rounded game and was a contender in his division not very long ago, and still hasn't reached his prime.

Will be great to him him in other shows, maybe fighting Den Hendorson, King Mo, Babalu.

I really wish the UFC would cut more people tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

This was coming a long time IMO. Thinking back though, 13 fights in the UFC is a good showing for someone who despite occasional flourishes, never reached his potential and never became a real contender. They've cut others for alot less.

I still hope to see the man with the best nickname in MMA fighting in other promotions for a while though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

strange to see the demise of the dean of mean and chuck as they were 2 of the biggest hitters when i started watching ufc back in the day when it was on bravo, Thought he was the meanest looking dude, and loved the fight he had with chuck, hoped he would kick hammills ass but it was not to be.
    wish i could say that he will be back after a couple of wins outside the ufc but he has had a steady decline in the last 2 years.

my hat is off to ya Jardine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shane0

yeah expected this, unfortunate for Jardine, i'm sure we will see hm again soon tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Luckily enough for everyone, getting cut from the ufc doesn't mean financial or sporting oblivion anymore. Hope Jardine gets fights with Strikeforce rather than that MFC group in canada but both have plenty of legit fights for him.

Advertisement