Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best seating position

Options
  • 24-06-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

i was thinking of getting a pair of concert tickets for my sister for her birthday
    i have a few possibilities, they are all either at the o2, or the grand canal theatre
    since i have never been to either of these places, i dont know which is the best spot to view the gig from

there probably wont be any moshpits or anything at these gigs, but im sure she would like to be up shaking her stuff if she was there
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

kalmfang wrote: »
    i was thinking of getting a pair of concert tickets for my sister for her birthday
    i have a few possibilities, they are all either at the o2, or the grand canal theatre
    since i have never been to either of these places, i dont know which is the best spot to view the gig from

there probably wont be any moshpits or anything at these gigs, but im sure she would like to be up shaking her stuff if she was there
    any suggestions?

Depends what sort of gig? Rock or Pop? Is venue (The Point) seated or standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kalmfang

well it would be a pop concert of some kind, im not really sure yet
    something like lady gaga
    like i said, there wont any mosh pits or anything

the o2 has seated areas and standing areas from what i can tell
    the other place just has the seats i think
    so i dunno what to go for really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

The O2 is an incredible venue full stop. Look at a seated ticket as being able to stand with an incredible view of everything underneath you. I saw rage against the machine there a few weeks ago, and had seats just above the sounddesk. Great view..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

The lower tier of the O2 isn't very steep so if you're sitting behind someone tall you have a great view of the back of their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kalmfang

thanks for the replies
    its what i was looking to find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I was at stevie wonder 2 nights ago and was seated right off to the side in Block A beside the wall. sound was good but the view was terrible. try and get something in the centre. we couldnt see any screens or lights. I went round to the middle for a stroll and it was nearly like a different show.

Was my first time there so had clicked "best seats" when booking which was about 30 seconds after they went on sale, obviously ticketmasters view of "best tickets" is "we dont give 2 ****es where you sit as long as you buy a ticket". I'll know next time. I hate them so much.

before anyone says, reason I know ticketmaster dont care is cos my brother was at the concert sitting facing the stage. And he'd done "best tickets" too. 3 days after I had.

anyone know anyone in ticketmaster I can scream abuse to? Id love to hear their defence.

Can they be done for false advertising?

Anyway, for the OP, do not get side tickets, even sort of near the middle would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

If you go to the O2 and it is a fully seated event try and get tickets for block D or C/E if D isn't available. They are the best sections in the place. Don't get flat seating as the stage is quite high and you will get a creak in your neck!! If it has standing I'd personally get those. I was standing for Stevie right at the barrier centre stage :D
    In regards the Grand Canal Theatre buy early so you can be close to the front. It is a stunning venue and has a low stage and comfortable seats.

Advertisement