Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling cars and Carzone?

• 24-06-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm selling 2 of my cars atm and am wondering would it be worth the €80 odd euro to put them on carzone or not. I have them listed on adverts and a few other free sites like gumtree, and also on donedeal.

Also any feedback re either advert is also welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robdsherlock

the most used website is donedeal so id say that is your best bit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Agreed, I had my car on carzone for 2 weeks and only one offer (from a nigerian scammer). 2 days on donedeal and it was sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Have mine on all the sites including carzone. All i am getting from carzone is scam emails. About 5 per day and from the same people each day. Wasn't worth the money really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

OK so the general feedback is its not worth the money to advertise on carzone. Is it simply that my cars are priced too high then? There hasnt been much interest in either on donedeal/adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Post a link to your cars and people will give you feedback (I think it should be ok as your not advertising them)

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    OK so the general feedback is its not worth the money to advertise on carzone. Is it simply that my cars are priced too high then? There hasnt been much interest in either on donedeal/adverts

The 75 has a looney asking price, a 00 diesel one would struggle to fetch that to be honest. The Fiesta should sell for the guts of the asking price. Patience is a virtue :) I had a Celica for sale at the height of the Celtic Tiger for 4 months, only one serious enquirer, he bought it.

http://www.adverts.ie/241759/cars/rover-75-just-passed-nct/

Out of interest what did you do to get those mpg figures ? I thought you were getting low 20s at best from her ? Low 30s around town in a 1.8K 75, that smells of bullsh1t straight away so most folks who know their beans will reckon you are trying to pull the wool over folks eyes, never good to mislead folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Just spotted the ads and yes the 75 is very over priced. I would put it closer to €1995 but even at that it may struggle as its a "Rover".

The Fiesta I would put at €700 if you want to shift it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

RoverJames wrote: »
    The 75 has a looney asking price, a 00 diesel one would struggle to fetch that to be honest. The Fiesta should sell for the guts of the asking price. Patience is a virtue :) I had a Celica for sale at the height of the Celtic Tiger for 4 months, only one serious enquirer, he bought it.

http://www.adverts.ie/241759/cars/rover-75-just-passed-nct/

Out of interest what did you do to get those mpg figures ? I thought you were getting low 20s at best from her ? Low 30s around town in a 1.8K 75, that smells of bullsh1t straight away so most folks who know their beans will reckon you are trying to pull the wool over folks eyes, never good to mislead folks.
    Yeah - turned out i was measuring it totally wrong in the end. I did a couple of brim to brim runs and it averaged out at something like 29mpg - 31mpg each time.

Thanks for the feedback re the price, I havent seen any for sale so I wasnt sure if that was too high. (Im an eternal optimist I guess:P).

I have my sights set on a few different cars so Im looking to sell both of these to contribute in part to financing another purchase. Additionally the fiesta is just taking up space at this stage so I just want rid of it.

Advertisement