Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers on Samuel Beckett Bridge

Options
  • 24-06-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Was just walking across it around 10pm and there were about 30 or 40 kids approaching, shouting at each other. They started throwing glass bottles and some had hockey sticks. I got caught in the middle. Walked to the point and turned back - place is full of Garda vans and I saw an ambulance. Just got back home now. Little knackers. What the hell? Anybody else around there now?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

South side gang looking to start trouble with local north side gang...it's goin on years..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Same happened on wednesday evening on Sean O'Casey bridge, throwing stones at each other, and as the OP I, and more people crossing the bridge, was caught in the middle

North/southside story :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The hockey sticks are intriguing.
    They must be the southsider's weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Shame the bridge didn't open while they were on it to leave them marooned. Then Dublin can have it's very own stage show on the Liffey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I was there about that time on the north wall quay across the river. I heard lots of shouting and roaring from across there and seen teenagers(girls and boys) running, couldn't see anyone throwing stuff though from my position.

The gardai were at the Point for the Stevie Wonder concert, nothing to do with any trouble. Now if only they drove over the bridge to sort out the ruffients!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

No one get any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

JosDel wrote: »
    South side gang looking to start trouble with local north side gang...it's goin on years..

Yep, it's the scrotes from Pearse Street area going at it with the Sherrifer scrotes. Witnessed it many times at night as I work a lot down there - usually at the Sean O'Casey bridge but now they have a nice big new bridge to run across! It can get quite nasty sometimes too......you did well to keep away from it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

spurious wrote: »
    The hockey sticks are intriguing.
    They must be the southsider's weapons.

I cant imagine the hockey fraternity is very strong around Townsend street :)

Advertisement