Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RISE Protest

• 24-06-2010 11:20pm

Photographs taken of the RISE and Ward Union protest outside the Dail. All C&C welcome.

4731219792_72ed7a74ba.jpg

4731218638_c82cca22eb.jpg

4730575273_63205b0a6e.jpg

4731218956_6fefed80dc.jpg

4730575685_0318f08fbc.jpg

4731219320_1a4453f91b.jpg

4730576055_c476f69c95.jpg

4730576227_4aec0d170f.jpg

4730576575_baa13623d3.jpg

4730576789_ae69b2668b.jpg

4730576949_e567b9f708.jpg

4731220586_07cae87ca1.jpg

4730577313_a5e630dbb3.jpg

4731220950_a4e8845445.jpg

4731221132_b26b945a57.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nice set of pics. Is that an Irish vuvuzela in the first pic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

and not a wax jacket in sight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

and not a wax jacket in sight...

Or broken fence, or broken windscreen or trembling Stag.;). (Im neither for or against the hunt just an observation from listening to debates)

Nice pictures though. Liveline will be good tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

They should bring in the garda equestrian unit, cut the protestors off individually from the pack, ride them down through the streets of dublin, and then when they've brought them to bay, set the canine unit on them. Now THAT'S something I could take photographs of :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

their placards are, in the main, very poor.

• Advertisement

Can I get any comments on the photos? Good? Bad? What I should do? What I shouldn't?
    They will be protesting again I'm sure, so all c and c welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The first guys face is very red, also more candid and less posed pics might be better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Can I get any comments on the photos? Good? Bad? What I should do? What I shouldn't?
    They will be protesting again I'm sure, so all c and c welcome!

They'll be in Trim again tomorrow - expecting a crowd of thousands.
    Might try hobble down with the camera if I can, if not I'll be in the thick of it.

@AR - too warm this weather for waxed jackets :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think the main issue taking photos at this event is that it appears to be very visually unexciting, making it much harder to get memorable photos.

They'll be in Trim again tomorrow - expecting a crowd of thousands.
    Might try hobble down with the camera if I can, if not I'll be in the thick of it.

@AR - too warm this weather for waxed jackets :)

OMG... Pull... and... Bang!

I've just copped on to what your name means!

<-- Thicko!

• Advertisement

i think the main issue taking photos at this event is that it appears to be very visually unexciting, making it much harder to get memorable photos.

Too true. You need a bit of excitement or aggro to take place and hopefully you're there to capture it. As record of the event the photos are fine but probably the more memorable ones are the expressions on individual's faces as they react to what's going on around them.

yep, next time, get a friend to dress as a hippy and start shouting 'MURDERERS' at them. preferably while squirting them with a super soaker filled with fake blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

yep, next time, get a friend to dress as a hippy and start shouting 'MURDERERS' at them. preferably while squirting them with a super soaker filled with fake blood.

nah, they'd just turn around sniffily saying "oh I say" and "jolly uncouth behaviour, what what ?". They're only good on defenceless animals. Deer, foxes, Labour supporters, hares etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

What RISE should do is march into the town centre on horseback with all their hounds and have one of their members pretend to be a stag.

He/she could then run around the town butt naked whilst they're hunted down by the dogs and those on horseback.

When they're done the human stag can be ravished by the dog and finally put to rest for all to see.

This would achieve two things:

1. It would demonstrate to people that what they're doing is totally harmless.

2. It would make for some interesting photo opps

Yeah, tbh they were rather a boring lot when it comes to protesting.
    Any your man's face is red because blowing that horn takes a fair bit of wind!

Big protest is on Tuesday next I think, when the vote takes place. Hopefully there will be both sides present.

might be an interesting idea to actually document a hunt. would be more interesting than the protest. the main problem would be actually following it if not on a horse (and my stance on hunting).

edit: i meant hunting as practiced by the ward union; i've no problem with most other forms of hunting.

OMG... Pull... and... Bang!

I've just copped on to what your name means!

<-- Thicko!

LOL :D

The P&B bit only relates to clay pigeon shooting - I don't call "pull" when I shoot a pheasant or a duck - I just pull the trigger.......:)

LOL :D

The P&B bit only relates to clay pigeon shooting - I don't call "pull" when I shoot a pheasant or a duck - I just pull the trigger.......:)

I've been known to drop the hammer on a few defenceless pieces of crockery in my time alright... great crack!

Advertisement