Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning Up At Dublin Airport

Options
  • 24-06-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I plan on travelling to London tomorrow and needed to know if anyone has ever tried turning up at the airport and buying tickets to the UK?

Will it end up being overpriced?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, they will is the short and simple answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yep, it will be more expensive than doing it online. Been there myself. I won't get caught again though hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

so is there any way to get to the UK for under 100 tomorrow morning by plane?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

MiCrOMaN1 wrote: »

I doubt it. If you're checked the major airlines that fly from Ireland and all of them are too expensive then there isn't I'm afraid a magic solution that we can find for you...

€143 with Ryanair seems to be the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

do you have to take a plane ?
    Looks like stenaline is a bit cheaper though takes like 3 hours... and that site doesnt make is clear whether its 60euro including vat/tax or not... since its a site to the public and it says total price, i would assume its inclusive.

ah found the problem... like 75£ single way train across.

Your Itinerary
    Outward
    FLEXI
    Dublin Port (T2) - Holyhead (T5)
    Sat 26 Jun 2010
    Dep. 08:20 Arr. 11:35
    Stena Adventurer
    1 Adult

Return
    FLEXI
    Holyhead (T5) - Dublin Port (T2)
    Sat 26 Jun 2010
    Dep. 13:50 Arr. 17:05
    Stena Adventurer
    1 Adult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

MiCrOMaN1 wrote: »

Yep, go from Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I once missed a flight with RA and didnt want to give them anymore of my money so I booked a flight to Cardiff with Aer Arran at the desk at the airport. It was about €70 so not too expensive

Advertisement