Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Library to open, at last

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The Nationwide episode featuring Rush Library and the author Derek Landy will be on this Friday, November 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The Nationwide episode featuring Rush Library and the author Derek Landy will be on this Friday, November 5th.

Derek Landy And LeoB :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    Derek Landy And LeoB :D:D

I see your still concerned about remaining anonymous :D

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I see your still concerned about remaining anonymous :D

At this stage I think unless I change my user name there aint much point. Now you got me thinking but sure I would only end up arguing with myself;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Extended opening hours in Rush Library now. Open until 8.30PM Mon-Thurs.

• Advertisement

And every Friday and Saturday.

But don't forget it closes for lunch every day from 1pm to 2pm.

Link for the Nationwide episode on Rush Library.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1084213

Maybe you can spot someone from here........:rolleyes:

Great shots from the cameraman. Place looks well. Speakers were good:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Link for the Nationwide episode on Rush Library.

The report starts at about 11m 30s if anyone wants to skip straight to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

its a great facility . we are lucky to have it. its a great place to walk around for a bit. learn something new....... or old .

####Warning this Aint a joke or troll####

I agree with the above but as a person who has used libraries of all types over the years, I find it pretty hard to find books at times there. I know they have staff to help but I like to browse catergories but I find the classifications a bit strange. Maybe its just me.

####Warning this Aint a joke or troll####

I agree with the above but as a person who has used libraries of all types over the years, I find it pretty hard to find books at times there. I know they have staff to help but I like to browse catergories but I find the classifications a bit strange. Maybe its just me.

Do you mind if I ask in what way you find it strange?

Some of the books are mixed across catorgories, so you find them in strange areas. Upstairs is much better I find. Perhaps if they had a top 10 section of the top rented Library books in fiction and non-fiction.......

Some of the books are mixed across catorgories, so you find them in strange areas. Upstairs is much better I find. Perhaps if they had a top 10 section of the top rented Library books in fiction and non-fiction.......

Hmm, well I haven't been in there yet but the Fiction would be alphabetically ordered by author and the Non-Fiction would be done according to the Dewey Decimal System, the same as all the other Fingal libraries. So I'm not sure what you mean by books mixed across categories. Do you mean that you've found stuff like travel books in with the business books, or something like that? Sorry, I don't mean to nitpick, I'm just unsure what you mean.

The staff are always open to suggestions so you should mention your Top 10 idea when you're in there.

Advertisement