Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Language School

Options
  • 25-06-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hey everybody!

I'm thinking of doing a course at the language school in bridge mills .... anyone been or have any opinions ??

I just want to do a little bit of research before I commit !

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Did beginners Spanish there a few years back, found the lessons to be good, good tuition from the teacher, book and tape provided (I did say a few years) :p I'd definitely go back, in fact I'm planning on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

spender.j wrote: »
    Did beginners Spanish there a few years back, found the lessons to be good, good tuition from the teacher, book and tape provided (I did say a few years) :p I'd definitely go back, in fact I'm planning on it!

Positive feedback , thats good :D Thanks ! I'm starting the TEFL course as soon as i can get in and i want to make sure i'm getting my moneys worth on their part .... i'm excited ! I did call and they were very helpful , but its always nice to get outside opinions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I did their TEFL course at the start of the year. There's already a thread on it, in fact, but it was back on page 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did French, was good.
    Oui.

Am thinking of signing up to Italian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

GCI, Atlantic Language School and the Bridge Mills are all top-notch language schools, they're professionally run and they know what they're doing.... I did a Japanese course at the Bridge Mills and know a lot of people who have done the English courses at all of the language schools around here.... you're on a winner either way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Who's the GCI?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

I Just finished a TEFL in Atlantic Language centre last friday. The thing that swung my decision in the end was the grammar book was included but have to say it was the best decision I made. there is serious facilities in Atlantic, am not sure what Bridge mills or GTI have but I was very impressed with what I saw, plus a load of us got offered some work out of it... its a tough course though handed up my protfolio on friday equalling 140 pages.. honestly more intense than an undergrad! but am definitely more prepared & experienced to teach English now in the real world! Best of luck with it!

Jammyd wrote: »
    I Just finished a TEFL in Atlantic Language centre last friday. The thing that swung my decision in the end was the grammar book was included but have to say it was the best decision I made. there is serious facilities in Atlantic, am not sure what Bridge mills or GTI have but I was very impressed with what I saw, plus a load of us got offered some work out of it... its a tough course though handed up my protfolio on friday equalling 140 pages.. honestly more intense than an undergrad! but am definitely more prepared & experienced to teach English now in the real world! Best of luck with it!

Yeah I found out about Atlantic school after i paid my deposit for Bridge Mills ... which sucks coz i probably would have picked that one ... the facilities look great indeed ! Plus the job offers is such a plus.

Far from trouble !!

I am a littel nervous about the workoad and teaching but i guess i will ease into it once the course starts ... my mind being occupied for a few weeks won't hurt haha.

are you planning on teaching soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

I am a littel nervous about the workoad and teaching but i guess i will ease into it once the course starts ... my mind being occupied for a few weeks won't hurt haha.

are you planning on teaching soon ?[/QUOTE]

Feck that definitely sucks, but on the plus side my cuz did it in Bridge mills and really enjoyed it and afaik the classes you teach there are a lot smaller, i was teaching minumum 12 ppl which was a bit nerve racking.. Serious amout of work for both as there exactly the same,

Got a couple of days lined up for Atlantic and then im thinking about S.Korea or Japan but we'll see. how about yourself?

• Advertisement

Feck that definitely sucks, but on the plus side my cuz did it in Bridge mills and really enjoyed it and afaik the classes you teach there are a lot smaller, i was teaching minumum 12 ppl which was a bit nerve racking.. Serious amout of work for both as there exactly the same,

Got a couple of days lined up for Atlantic and then im thinking about S.Korea or Japan but we'll see. how about yourself?[/QUOTE]

Cool , hearing that its a smaller class is less daunting . Its prob the tutors and fellow tefl crew that will make me extra nervous ! I'm looking forawrd to it all the same ...its for sure a bonus youre getting some experience with atlantic .

I'm thinking of Asia myself , a couple of mates are having a blast out there and the money is pretty good . I heard all good things about it so why not ..... i'm in it for the travel mainly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 julio_delg

GCI, Atlantic Language School and the Bridge Mills are all top-notch language schools, they're professionally run and they know what they're doing.... I did a Japanese course at the Bridge Mills and know a lot of people who have done the English courses at all of the language schools around here.... you're on a winner either way :D

I attended GCI in 2005 and Atlantic in 2008, both of them provide very good courses. They may seem a bit expensive, but based in my own experience the courses deserve every Euro.

Be aware that some of the afternoon courses can be a bit .... useless, I mean they try to push you to sign for lots of lessons per day, and you end up attending the afternoon courses already "tired".

By the way, I attended general english courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Who's the GCI?

Galway Cultural Institute, Lower Salthill-ish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement