Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can smell cat piss...

Options
  • 25-06-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

As I'm here typing this message I can smell cat piss somewhere in the room. I know its cat piss cause I use the toilet and I have two cats.

What do I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Get busy with the rags, bleach and disinfectant! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Do you want directions? I have the rags etc. so no need to bring your own...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

pour red wine over the suspect area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Or vinegar.

Smell around the place and try to find where it is. If you can't find it, leave the windows open and spray some febreeze everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The only thing to do is find the spot or just area the smell is coming from, and get some biological washing powder and warm water and rub in well, rinse and soak up any excess water with old towel or something and air the room well.
    Do not use bleach or fabreeze, makes it smell worse. The bio washing powder breaks it down and neutralizes it, don't use non bio it won't work.

If the cat doesn't usually pee in the house try leaving a tray out for a few days and keep an eye on it, one of mine pee'd in the house and it turned out he had an infection and was quite ill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

mymo wrote: »
    The only thing to do is find the spot or just area the smell is coming from, and get some biological washing powder and warm water and rub in well, rinse and soak up any excess water with old towel or something and air the room well.
    Do not use bleach or fabreeze, makes it smell worse. The bio washing powder breaks it down and neutralizes it, don't use non bio it won't work.

If the cat doesn't usually pee in the house try leaving a tray out for a few days and keep an eye on it, one of mine pee'd in the house and it turned out he had an infection and was quite ill.

Spot on boardsie! My first cat started pissing everywhere and #i got real upset with her, smacked her loads and only after a while brought her to the vet and found she had cancer in her bowels or something...had to put her down...I felt real guilty. Better bring them to the vet - STAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

Nulty wrote: »
    Spot on boardsie! My first cat started pissing everywhere and #i got real upset with her, smacked her loads and only after a while brought her to the vet and found she had cancer in her bowels or something...had to put her down...I felt real guilty. Better bring them to the vet - STAT!

Why would you ever smack a cat? IMO thats cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Shame on you for smacking a cat and loads of times at that. Should you really have pets if thats how you treat them!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

poor cat!! :( Cats are probably pissing themselves out of fear

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

mymo wrote: »

I hope you do feel guilty........hardly the cats fault gobshi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Try not to be judgemental folks. Nulty obviously feels bad over it which may have urged him/her to mention it so it does not happen to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Dont use bleach the ammonia in it will just attract your cat back to do more, vinegar as already suggested and baking soda. Then rub area with orange oil. Cats hate the stuff and its not harmfull to you or cat also smells nice !!

Advertisement