Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Venue in Melbourne?

Options
  • 25-06-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hey guys hoping someone can help me out whit this! I’m looking for a venue in Melbourne for a party for my birthday.

Ideally I would have like to have it in my house but its probably too small for it as I would like to have quite a large party. I’m turning 30 and have decided I should organize something good for it.

I was thinking of having a themed party so fancy dress is a possibility or have it as a children’s party complete with bouncy castle. Without a venue though I can’t really plan anything.

I’d also like it to be somewhere near to the CBD.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Venues? Perhaps something around Albert Park lake? Maybe too far from the CBD for you - but would be cheaper. I know some of the clubs there let out their main rooms for venues. Good spaces for bbq and nice view of the lake. May be a bit cold though now that it is winter.

There are a couple of party supplies/costumes shops on kingsway where it meets city road.

A fellow I know had his 30th bday recently in Sydney. The theme was "come dressed as me". He even offered the use of his wardrobe to anyone struggling for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

BossArky wrote: »
    A fellow I know had his 30th bday recently in Sydney. The theme was "come dressed as me". He even offered the use of his wardrobe to anyone struggling for ideas.

Thinking of having a " D party" where everyone hase to come in costume as something beginning with the letter D as that is the first letter of my name and some of my friends here call me Irish D.

Advertisement