Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP on the internet - How safe ?

Options
  • 25-06-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Son has bought a PSP and wants to connect, via WIFI, to the internet inorder to get software updates and and download games.

What are the risks from viruses, etc, and what can be done to eliminate or reduce the risks?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

paulgalway wrote: »
    Hi all,

Son has bought a PSP and wants to connect, via WIFI, to the internet inorder to get software updates and and download games.

What are the risks from viruses, etc, and what can be done to eliminate or reduce the risks?

Thanks

No risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Yup, no risk. There are no viruses that affect the PSP. Plus all updates, etc. come direct from devs and Sony, so they're completely secure.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i heard they eat your thumbs....

true story....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

i heard they eat your thumbs....

true story....

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eclipse05

Anyway, it's worth only to go to PlayStationStore because browsing other websites is like nose bleeding...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eclipse05 wrote: »
    Anyway, it's worth only to go to PlayStationStore because browsing other websites is like nose bleeding...

Only not quite as much fun.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

No OS is 100% secure, but I've never heard/came across a virus that affects the PSP.

Advertisement