Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOD: Memory_Management

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

seraphimvc wrote: »
    just a little reminder here speaking from my experience :3 if you are using the dual channel ddr3 i think on some mobo you need to put them on the 2nd and 4th slot.

Manual says either in the last two slots or first two, I have them in the last two :3

deceit wrote: »
    Just want to see if I got this right, you have to underclock the graphics card and ram just to get the computer stable? Have you checked are all parts okay, ie switching them with spares one at a time? What is the cooling like in your pc, is there enough ventilation in your computer to keep your card cool and do you have your cpu fan blowing the wrong way towards either then ram or graphics card? I've noticed your not running fan on full speed or auto, should do until problem is truely fixed. You should monitor the temps of your parts next time it crashes, it may not be a driver issue and with the reinstal not fixing it, seems more likely a heat issue or faulty part.
    Have you checked all your parts are compatible with win 7? I have a linksys wireless n card that if you use linksys's drivers or the windows update ones it constantly crashes the pc, bluescreen and driver crashes but if I use atheros ones works fine, could be an issue like that, I've got two other parts that cause probs with win 7.

There's plenty of ventilation (HAF 922 :) ) and everything is certified to work with Windows 7.

Just googled some more and it seems a good few people are having the same problems, gonna see what they did to fix it.

Ok, after reading around, a lot of people recommend rolling back to 10.5, so today when I get home, I am going to uninstall 10.6, use driver sweeper in safe mode, then install 10.5.

Hopefully it'll work.

Well, I just played a game of TF2 at stock clocks with 10.5 and it went perfect :)

• Advertisement

Nevermind, just crashed in Morrowind :(

Why does it pass stability tests if it keeps crashing in game? It MUST be a driver issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah must be. Nothing to do with those thousands of files uncompressed and copied onto a hard-drive through memory which was "faulty".

Yeah must be. Nothing to do with those thousands of files uncompressed and copied onto a hard-drive through memory which was "faulty".

The memory wasn't faulty when I installed windows nor when I installed the drivers.

Anyway, I turned off transparency and now it works both at stock, UC'd by 20 and OC'd by 20, haven't tried higher than that.

Morrowind decides to continue crashing. Luckily, going by the Event log, it's unrelated to the Graphics Driver.

EDIT: Ok, it IS related to graphics driver, Morrowind is the only game to make it crash, gonna underclock back to stock speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The one time I know there's something wrong with Morrowind is when it doesn't crash at least 5 times in the space of an hour :pac:

Please, if you want to verify system stability, don't use the Crashiest Game Ever to do it :p

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    The one time I know there's something wrong with Morrowind is when it doesn't crash at least 5 times in the space of an hour :pac:

Please, if you want to verify system stability, don't use the Crashiest Game Ever to do it :p

Yeah, at least i have all my other games running fine now :)

Morrowind decides to behave when underclocked, so I made a special profile just for Morrowind and one for everything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

recently my build made me scatching head too: i5-750+gigabyte mobo+2x2gb ocz ram+sapphire hd5830.

turned out the hd5830's driver is the cause - looked around internet forums apparently ati s*cks big time on the drivers!!!

the solution worked for me is to lower the mhz of the 5830 through the CCC(my default is 800mhz,i lowered it to 750mhz).voila, it is working smooth now!

seraphimvc wrote: »
    recently my build made me scatching head too: i5-750+gigabyte mobo+2x2gb ocz ram+sapphire hd5830.

turned out the hd5830's driver is the cause - looked around internet forums apparently ati s*cks big time on the drivers!!!

the solution worked for me is to lower the mhz of the 5830 through the CCC(my default is 800mhz,i lowered it to 750mhz).voila, it is working smooth now!

Yeah, same issue for me in some games. Lowering the core clock by about 20mHz fixes it. I created a profile specifically for those games and another for use in all other games.

Advertisement