Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year out from college

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I finished a FETAC course in Film and Tv last may. I plan on using the Fetac qualification as an entry to a higher third level college (Level 7)
    I dont like the thought of college after summer. I done feel I have the motivation for it right now. Im feeling pretty stale and in a rut if you know what I mean. Id like to go abroad with some people and work for a while but I dont know anybody whos interested in doing that right now. I dont know much about whats involved in getting a VISA either where do I apply and how much does it cost. How much will I expect to spend before I find myself living abroad with a job. How easy or hard is it to find work say in USA or Australia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I presume you are under 30? In that case a WHV for Australia seems your best bet. There is no visa option for the US for what you want to do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

After flights you'd want to have about 2000-3000 to settle in. Especially as when you do find a job, you still may not get paid for a month.

Just imagine an Australian or American coming here and looking for work. With all the Irish students not able to get part time work here it'd be pretty tough. That said, it's worth a shot. I hear argricultural work in the outback of Aus is the best place to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

or an under 35 visa in Canada. It costs around 1500 in total including flight. It may be easier to find a job their rather than australia.

Advertisement