Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 25/26 June 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Exactly :D
    Ah here, its really hilarious us taking abuse from fans of Pats and Fingal.

It really is the equivalent of 3 college buddies, lets call them Patrick, Finn and eh Shelby(we'd never really be this dorky).

Finn is new to the college, and has adopted a much more social approach to life hoping to attract new girls, but rumours have been going around that hes been paying girls to date him, because in situations where he hasn't been able, hes had an absence of girls. He lost his virginity recently, and won't shut up about it, it wasn't even that pretty a girl, not that many people cared about it, and hes not all that likely to get another any time soon. Sooner or later his cash will dry up as he is relying on handouts from Daddy, whose business hasn't been doing great lately, that'll be the end of his extra-curricular activities. But he'll never shut up about that one girl, even if she wasn't that pretty, I mean she was from Sligo.

Patrick is a college veteran, his heroin addiction, has probably meant that he has struggled to progress through college, and he really hasn't been very successful with the girls. Hes had a few, varying in quality, but he'll still never stop begrudging Shelby stealing that girl that he thought he was dead-set with, until he forgot to bring a jonny. He is the least loved, and the least hated of the 4 kingpins of the college, and generally resents this, and tries everything to bring Shelby down as a result. He has been dating some pretty girls recently, but his lack of ability to deliver the crucial balls when it really counts, probably means his only real fun will be pointing out Shelby's misfortunes.

Shelby on the other hand, has been there, done that. Been with all the most beautiful girls, time and time again, and the other students resented him for it. He eventually put too much effort chasing hot European chicks, caught a bad case of herpes off a beautiful Spanish girl, and hasn't gotten any loving since. But its not aids, herpes isn't permanent, and in the end he'll be back to his best, and Patrick and Shelby will have achieved ****all in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

CSF wrote: »

It really is the equivalent of 3 college buddies, lets call them Patrick, Finn and eh Shelby(we'd never really be this dorky).

Finn is new to the college, and has adopted a much more social approach to life hoping to attract new girls, but rumours have been going around that hes been paying girls to date him, because in situations where he hasn't been able, hes had an absence of girls. He lost his virginity recently, and won't shut up about it, it wasn't even that pretty a girl, not that many people cared about it, and hes not all that likely to get another any time soon. Sooner or later his cash will dry up as he is relying on handouts from Daddy, whose business hasn't been doing great lately, that'll be the end of his extra-curricular activities. But he'll never shut up about that one girl, even if she wasn't that pretty, I mean she was from Sligo.

Patrick is a college veteran, his heroin addiction, has probably meant that he has struggled to progress through college, and he really hasn't been very successful with the girls. Hes had a few, varying in quality, but he'll still never stop begrudging Shelby stealing that girl that he thought he was dead-set with, until he forgot to bring a jonny. He is the least loved, and the least hated of the 4 kingpins of the college, and generally resents this, and tries everything to bring Shelby down as a result. He has been dating some pretty girls recently, but his lack of ability to deliver the crucial balls when it really counts, probably means his only real fun will be pointing out Shelby's misfortunes.

Shelby on the other hand, has been there, done that. Been with all the most beautiful girls, time and time again, and the other students resented him for it. He eventually put too much effort chasing hot European chicks, caught a bad case of herpes off a beautiful Spanish girl, and hasn't gotten any loving since. But its not aids, herpes isn't permanent, and in the end he'll be back to his best, and Patrick and Shelby will have achieved ****all in the meantime.

Who was the student who tried to burn the college down a few years ago?:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In other non Shels/Fingal news...good to see Monaghan and Bray notch up victories in the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What abuse CSF ? Commenting on the antics of a match isnt abuse so less of the paranoia.

dan1895 wrote: »
    thats rich after your scumbag goalkeepers a
    ntics in last years playoffs!!

Does that mean we are not allowed to comment on the diving and blatent cheating by one of the shells players in a recent match then?

No need to be bringing up the past when we all know what flood was like.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Who? :confused:

I think you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Does that mean we are not allowed to comment on the diving and blatent cheating by one of the shells players in a recent match then?

No need to be bringing up the past when we all know what flood was like.

Flood was a bit of a moan but definitely not a cheat unlike Quigley. Your bitterness is making me enjoy monday's win even more, keep it coming:p

A shells fan accusing others of being bitter :) ive heard it all now.

No bitterness here, i just didnt know that there was a diffrent set of rules for shells and that its called bitterness when you mention anything negative about shells.

Notice how i hadnt complained about our loss and how i havent blamed Pintos diving skills on our loss :).

Same auld Shells :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's Shels ffs!

• Advertisement

I know :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I know :)
    Typical Finngal fan

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

No, its typical me ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How is this chap still allowed post here? Has there been a post where the intention wasn't to wind someone up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

How is this chap still allowed post here? Has there been a post where the intention wasn't to wind someone up?

The words Wind Up are ones he'll no doubt be very familiar with in the next few years - albeit in the Examinership sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

You forgot about John, the corrupt provost. ;)

• Advertisement

Commenting on the constant diving by a shells player is classed as a wind up now is it?

Again you are blind to the wind up posts that you agree with.

Same auld shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

"Fool with the drum" I like the sound of that Gavin. If you watch MNS next Monday you might see/hear said drum at the Bohs game at Dalymount on Friday, like every other game. Whats it you say? Real football, Real fans??? Whether its 520 or 20 fans thats at one of our games, the drum is there. Like Mondays game, I didn't play the drum because with the small few we had at the game it didn't make sense to get it goin. And before you tell me you heard it, a couple of the younger fans that where there had it in the 2nd half. Your constant need to put other clubs down at every oppurtunity because of your clubs "history" is getting a bit depressing.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    "Fool with the drum" I like the sound of that Gavin. If you watch MNS next Monday you might see/hear said drum at the Bohs game at Dalymount on Friday, like every other game.
    That's the first time I've seen home fans have a drum in Dalymount in 3 years

ViperGTS wrote: »
    "Fool with the drum" I like the sound of that Gavin. Whether its 520 or 20 fans thats at one of our games, the drum is there.

Your constant need to put other clubs down at every oppurtunity because of your clubs "history" is getting a bit depressing.

20 fans with a drum is gas tbh, like at one stage he started banging the drum to get a chant going and well nothing.

Nah the history thing only applies to new franchise clubs, ala Fingal, Cork City Friends Of The Rebel Army Society Co-op FC, Derry City The 2nd FC, etc....

Dundalk 1-0 up after 25 mins over in Lux.

• Advertisement

Dundalk 1-0 up after 25 mins over in Lux.
    2-0 now

Losing 3-2 now =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Finished 3-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Its my drum Gavin. If you read what I posted, I said with 20 fans there I wasn't goin to use it. The 2 younger fans had it towards the end of the 2nd half.
    The drum visited Dalymount on the 1st game of the season and it'll make its 2nd appearance tomorrow night ;)

20 fans with a drum is gas tbh, like at one stage he started banging the drum to get a chant going and well nothing.

Nah the history thing only applies to new franchise clubs, ala Fingal, Cork City Friends Of The Rebel Army Society Co-op FC, Derry City The 2nd FC, etc....

You really havent a clue have you Gav :) And you have the cheek to call me bitter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Come on lads leave the shels lads alone ffs, sure they write essays on the buses to wherever the fook they play.

They have their history and its better than ours combined *

God bless Shelby and everyone associated with it, long may they continue to be in whatever league they are in.

You really havent a clue have you Gav :)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

You really havent a clue have you Gav :)

Have to admit I had a little chuckle when I read that.

Your club is being funded by a property developer. You should watch more of the news.

Regards. :)

Was that taken from Gavs posting book ? :)

Advertisement