Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Been riding 8 or 9 weeks - can I do my test yet or do I have to wait?

• 25-06-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

...as per the title, is there a minimum time limit before you can do your test? I suppose along those lines also - does there tend to be a huge waiting time for tests like with cars, or is it quicker?

I've done rider training (full marks / grade 2 result :)), and got my licence ammended last week because I'd stupidly got an A1 originally not realising that would limit me to 125's after the test too (thought you auto got an A), so got the A added.
    So now I have a 2 month old A1, and 1 week old A provisional licence.

I had a quick Google because i'd heard there was a 6 month lead-time before you can do your test, but couldn't find anything on it.

Any light to be shed?? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

...as per the title, is there a minimum time limit before you can do your test? I suppose along those lines also - does there tend to be a huge waiting time for tests like with cars, or is it quicker?

I've done rider training (full marks / grade 2 result :)), and got my licence ammended last week because I'd stupidly got an A1 originally not realising that would limit me to 125's after the test too (thought you auto got an A), so got the A added.
    So now I have a 2 month old A1, and 1 week old A provisional licence.

I had a quick Google because i'd heard there was a 6 month lead-time before you can do your test, but couldn't find anything on it.

Any light to be shed?? Cheers.

AFAIK you have to have your prov for at least 6 months before you can APPLY for your test, there was some confusion when it was brought out; people thought you could apply and SIT the test @ 6 months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Ugh, that's pretty annoying. Do you think i'm going to have wait an additional 2 months now in order to sit my A licence, or do you think I could sit it in 4 months time seeing as the licence itself was originally issued 2 months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

just mail them and you will know for sure drivingtest@rsa.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Will do, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

tester will be looking at date on the license so if RSA take into account this 2 months on A1 ....just bring mail print out with you if you doing test in 4 months...

just quote you driver number form the license when you sending mail...good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jameshayes wrote: »
    AFAIK you have to have your prov for at least 6 months before you can APPLY for your test, there was some confusion when it was brought out; people thought you could apply and SIT the test @ 6 months...

You can apply before holding the permit for six months but can only sit the test with a permit in that category over six months. You can choose the time of your test on the application to avoid this issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I applied for my test after 4 months and got a date for 7 months so you can apply but you can't sit it before 6 months. Be careful because you might be given a date before 6 months and when you turn up, they will turn you away and not refund your money

Advertisement