Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet getting lose

• 25-06-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Can helmets be relined? I have a size small and I guess over the last 2 years the foam lining has allowed the helmet to get lose. Basically I want the helmet to fit better and tighter!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

MargeS wrote: »
    Can helmets be relined? I have a size small and I guess over the last 2 years the foam lining has allowed the helmet to get lose. Basically I want the helmet to fit better and tighter!

a new one is your best bet... a loose helmet wont do you much good in a collision, a new one is your best bet...

If you buy an Arai or a Shoei you can get custom lining to be a perfect fit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MargeS wrote: »

Is it a good quality helmet?? I've never heard of helmets getting loose unless they were gettting very old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

It's a Bell M1.
    The wind pushes the visor onto my nose when I'm going fast.

My nose could also be getting bigger :o

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A loose helmet wont do its job, and no, you cant get it relined (unless its Arai which I know you can get different crown and cheek linings for). You need to buy a new lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you wore a balaclava or pulled a neck tube over the top of your head would it tighten it enough? Might be an intermediate solution.

Maybe contact Bell - they are a very reputable brand. How old is the helmet - after a few years the padding can break down and it really means the lid is for the bin.

Did you used to have more hair? My helmet gets very loose after a haircut.

'cptr

• Advertisement

Maybe contact Bell - they are a very reputable brand. How old is the helmet - after a few years the padding can break down and it really means the lid is for the bin.

Did you used to have more hair? My helmet gets very loose after a haircut.

'cptr
    Helmet is < 2 years old

Nope, I didn't have more hair. And I can't imagine your helmet getting loose after a haircut!!! :D:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Go back to whereever you bought it, you should be able to buy new lining for it

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Go back to whereever you bought it, you should be able to buy new lining for it
    :rolleyes: back across the country so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Advertisement