Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding in Limerick

Options
  • 25-06-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go Horse Riding in Limerck I have not done it in years and the fiancee has never done it thought it might be a little romantic so any suggestion where would be best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was going to suggest on of the more colourful housing estates around the city but Billy would probably be in with a lengthy ban on that.

These are probably what you are looking for:

Crecora Equestrian Centre
    Crecora
    Co Limerick
    (061) 355721

Clonshire Equestrian Centre
    Clonshire Adare
    Co Limerick
    (061) 396770

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

thanks dude that is exactly what I am looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

When I was a nipper I went to Clarina to go horse riding
    not sure if the place is still open or not but its nice and close
    being just a wee bit past Mungret.

Clarina Riding Centre is an AIRE approved equestrian centre.
    Telephone+353 (0)61 35 3087
    Address: Clarina, Co Limerick, Republic Of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

campo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go Horse Riding in Limerck I have not done it in years and the fiancee has never done it thought it might be a little romantic so any suggestion where would be best.

Tried a place behind pizza hut on the childers road. Was not impressed.
    They chased me out with slash hooks!
    Would not go again.

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    Would not go again.

How much does it cost though I am on a budget

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Roughly €25 each for an hour , on a ride out if ye have a bit of experience . Thats in Clonshire and the info is from my daughter who practically lives out there and still when I ask how much she says " roughly , I'm not sure " .

jonski wrote: »
    Roughly €25 each for an hour , on a ride out if ye have a bit of experience . Thats in Clonshire and the info is from my daughter who practically lives out there and still when I ask how much she says " roughly , I'm not sure " .

Clonshire it is thanks everyone for the reply I was going to go to the one beside Pizza Hut but they would not take travellers cheques

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I learned at the Clarina one, must be about 10 years ago at this stage though! Friendly woman ran the place.

I learned at the Clarina one, must be about 10 years ago at this stage though! Friendly woman ran the place.

ya she is not open on a Sunday though pity as she sounds lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Clonshire it is thanks everyone for the reply I was going to go to the one beside Pizza Hut but they would not take travellers cheques

Dia ya ask for the Boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I go to Clonshire every week. The facilities are excellent - their cross-country course is magnificent! The instructors are great and - a huge factor for me - the horses are really well taken care of. I couldn't recommend it more. :)

It's €27 for an hour-long lesson. If your fiancé hasn't been horse riding before and it's been a long time since you were in the saddle, then you'll need some semi-private lessons to begin with. Give them a call and speak to Tess in the office. ;)

There are classes on Saturday mornings but not on Sundays as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

If you are out Corbally or Ardnacrusha or anywhere near clare then I would recommend woodfield equestrian centre in Broadford Co. Clare. 12 miles from the city centre.
    Ask for Sharon

http://www.woodfieldequestrian.ie/activities.htm

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Search-Results/Details.aspx?touristItemID=71205

Great facilities and good rates. They also do scenic hill treks

AIRE approved -Open 7 days per week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Hey guys,

Awwwwww isnt it great to see romance is still alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

When I was in my teens (way back when) I learned outside in Clarina too. Mary McCarthy was the woman's name - not sure if she's still there or not, but the kids learned outside in Clonlara and they go to Danganelly too - but that's in Clare.

Have a lovely day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

phill106 wrote: »
    Would not go again.

Do they have sulkies there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

lol phil im glad to see that i wasnt the only one that got hunted outta there didnt understand what they were saying to me but slash hooks and pick axe handles gave me the idea

Update on this brought herself to clonshire on Sunday it was fab out there perfect weather , Horses were so gentle and staff very friendly would defo recommend it especially if you want to gain some brownie points

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Update on this brought herself to clonshire on Sunday it was fab out there perfect weather , Horses were so gentle and staff very friendly would defo recommend it especially if you want to gain some brownie points

Ah finally a happy ending on boards.....

Did they have pizza like the other place???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I suggest you settle for the happy ending as a lot of people are lucky this thread came to my attention now and not a few days ago.

closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement