Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil V Portugal 3pm RTE2

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I can't say that I ever rated Baptista as a good player. Granted he had one or two very productive seasons at Sevilla, he just doesn't convince me.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Yet another ****ty World Cup 2010 match to go down with the rest of them !!!

Its been quite bad so far !!!

Come on lads .... give us something to shout about in the last 15 mins!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mexican wave around the stadium now, shows how bad the game is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Snoozefest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DJCR wrote: »
    Yet another ****ty World Cup 2010 match to go down with the rest of them !!!

Its been quite bad so far !!!

Come on lads .... give us something to shout about in the last 15 mins!!

What the fcuk are you on about?

Seriously. This is one of the only poor games since the start of the second round of games!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Put the camera on Dunga more often, he is more entertaining than the game at the moment! Going nuts on the sideline and I don't blame him, very poor passing by Brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

whats with the sudden vuvuzela overload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The standard of crossing is deplorable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Carvalho is such a giant at the back. Incredible player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Now that's the kind of tackle we need to see more of in the modern game!

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    whats with the sudden vuvuzela overload

The attendance was announced, and they started up with the vuvuzlas again, which stopped the Mexican wave

Poor free kick by Simao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dull scoreless draw.

on the ****ing money, cant believe i sat through 90mins of this god awful game

im amazed Baptista is a professional player, who the **** is he fooling

Random fact from BBC: the last time Brazil failed to score in a World Cup group match was 32 years ago in 1978 - a 0-0 draw against Spain.

3-0 to IC, Kalou - should have shown that game instead of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Glad I sat this one out after reading the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Brazil really missing Robinho and Kaka. That said they dont look too bothered, fair enough considering they will top the group.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

*yawns*

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Again hit the first man from the cross!!! How rubbish is Danny Alves!!

Cross have been very poor, Lucio should have headed that back across the goal imo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

SAVE!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

What a save!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity Ivory Coast are going out and Portugal are going through :(

Fantastic save, only for the deflection it would have been miles wide!

corner didn't beat the first man again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Ricardo is on his game today!

Just saw the shot count from the other game
    DPRK 8
    Ivory Coast 27!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am sorry that I watched this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

mike65 wrote: »
    Pity Ivory Coast are going out and Portugal are going through :(

Ya very unlucky with the fixture list, having to play Brazil in the second match was ultimately their downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Dire
    Insipid
    Rubbish
    Tedious
    game tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Ricardo is on his game today!

Just saw the shot count from the other game
    DPRK 8
    Ivory Coast 27!

He retired two years ago.

Ivory Coast win 3-0 full time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

redout wrote: »
    He retired two years ago.

Oops! meant Eduardo... :o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i just cant get my head around that majority of players cant cross a ball to save their lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can I have my 90 minutes back please?

Headshot wrote: »
    i just cant get my head around that majority of players cant cross a ball to save their lives

Ridiculous how many times a corner failed to beat the first man, the Brazilian passing was shocking as well, simple passes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ronnie Whelan saying what does Gilberto Silva do is just fail tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Its just like watching Brazil" could become an ironic chant soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/25/lifeless-game-in-durban-sees-brazil-portugal-advance/

Useless match. Both teams go through so it shouldn't be a surprise that it was a draw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Ronaldo man of the match??

At least give it to Portugals keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think the ref deserves it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well after that game I really hope Brazil do not win this tournament.

We all know the great team they had in 1970 probably,the greatest of all time, but I grew up seeing the Brazil of the 80's. Players like Eder, Socrates,Zico & Falcao etc......absolutely amazing to watch. Granted they never won the World Cup and that's probably the reason why they are now incredibly boring to watch.

2002 won the World Cup but were poor to watch.
    2006, dire to watch and went out in quarter finals to France.
    2010 so far they have just bored me, nice goals against North Korea but that is about it.

Seems they prefer winning tactics, which is understandable, but the sad thing is that the flair and panache that they used to play with, and made football fans around the world fall in love with them, has been coached out of them and football is the poorer for it.

Just to emphasise my point here's a great video of the 1982 World Cup team....would almost bring a tear to your eye....the memories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Once the majority of Brazilians began to play in the European leagues, it was ineviitable they wouldn't play in the same way again.

Portugal probably deserved a 1-0 win today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i dont think i have ever watched a more boring game that invovled brazil

Just looking at the draw - Brazil bar Holland have a doddle all they way to the final.

With the USA, Ghana, South Korea, Uruguay, Chile and Slovakia as possible opponents.

The tougher teams all seem to be on the other side of the draw.

Spain, Portugal, England, Germany, Argentina, Mexico, Paraguay, Japan

That is very fortunate indeed I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Just looking at the draw - Brazil bar Holland have a doddle all they way to the final.

With the USA, Ghana, South Korea, Uruguay, Chile and Slovakia as possible opponents.

Chile will certainly be no doddle for Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just to emphasise my point here's a great video of the 1982 World Cup team....would almost bring a tear to your eye....the memories!

I wish the football I knew and have grown up with looked like that :(

Certainly handy draw for them, but I think unlike years ago a good team will beat them, whearas it used to be you needed a great team to beat them.

Chile could be very tough for them, and if it is Holland in the next match then that could be very difficult for them too.

No guarantee they will get to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

FunkZ wrote: »
    I wish the football I knew and have grown up with looked like that :(
    Thats where the phrase 'group of death' was coined. There were first and second round groups. Brazil, Argentina and Italy were drawn together in the second round. We were all sad to see the Brazilians go out at that stage, such an exciting team but they couldn't defend to save their lives.

Oh and Italy never won a game in their opening round, they finished up with three draws just like Cameroon but they went through on goals scored having had two 1-1 draws where Cameroon had a 0-0 and 1-1. I was only a kid at the time but we were all shouting for Cameroon because we knew nothing about them and they had a fantastic keeper named Thomas N'Kono and Roger Milla was the star outfield player and he was wonderful to watch.
    Its the first World Cup that I clearly remember every round and all the great players that were at it, Poland has a fine team in that finals with Lato and Boniek, Belgium were very powerful too as were France and the Germans but Italy came through and won it.
    I'll also never forget Gerry Armstrong's goal against Spain which was the biggest shock result of that World Cup.

Certainly handy draw for them, but I think unlike years ago a good team will beat them, whearas it used to be you needed a great team to beat them.

Chile could be very tough for them, and if it is Holland in the next match then that could be very difficult for them too.

No guarantee they will get to the final.

No guarantee but they certainly have weaker teams to contend with along the way. I make it only two top teams on that side of the draw (Brazil, Holland) whereas the other side has five (Portugal, Germany, Spain, England, Argentina)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

We all know the great team they had in 1970 probably,the greatest of all time,
    but I grew up seeing the Brazil of the 80's. Players like Eder, Socrates,Zico & Falcao etc......absolutely amazing to watch. Granted they never won the World Cup and that's probably the reason why they are now incredibly boring to watch.

Today they'd grey Mourinho's hair and give Howard Wilkinson heart attacks.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

dfx- wrote: »

Today they'd grey Mourinho's hair and give Howard Wilkinson heart attacks.

:)

I heard this mentioned on the Guardian podcast but wasn't able to find it. Cheers for posting it. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement