Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ken Shamrock vs. Pedro Rizzo Impact FC 2:The Uprising * Spoilers*

• 25-06-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everybody. UFC Hall Of Famer Ken Shamrock is set to face UFC veteran Pedro Rizzo (Heavyweight fight) in Sydney, Australia. 'Big' John McCarthy will ref the bout. Also on the card is Paul Daley, Dennis Kang and Murilo Rua. The event is to be screened on Sky channel 480 - Primetime(PPV) on 18th July at 3:00am. Sorry if this is old news, I just found out about it today, cant wait for the main event.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man, here is more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_FC_2

Bob Sapp FTW!!!

This should be a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Read recently that Bob Sapp will be in the new Conan movie coming out next year!

Nice to see he´s keeping busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

There is one the week before in Brisbane with some familiar names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_FC_1
    Fight Card

* Heavyweight bout: United States Josh Barnett vs. Brazil Geronimo dos Santos[1]
    * Welterweight bout: Armenia Karo Parisyan vs. Brazil Luis Dutra Jr.[1]
    * Welterweight bout: Canada Carlos Newton vs. United States Brian Ebersole[1]
    * Heavyweight bout: Cameroon Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Brazil Joaquim Ferreira[1]
    * Heavyweight bout: United States Jeff Monson vs. Australia Brad Morris[1]
    * Heavyweight bout: Brazil Ubiratan Lima Marinho vs. New Zealand Felise Leniu[1]
    * Middleweight bout: Australia Dylan Andrews vs. Australia Steven Kennedy[1]
    * Lightweight bout: Australia Jai Bradney vs. Brazil Thiago Meller[1]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Card is almost to good to be true.

Hopefully Ken doesnt decide to have an intense roll around before the show this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, any predictions? whart will be great fights? What will suck?

• Heavyweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Ken Shamrock vs. 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Pedro Rizzo
    • Welterweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Paul Daley vs. 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Daniel Acacio
    • Heavyweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Bob Sapp vs. 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Soa Palelei
    • Middleweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Paulo Filho vs. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Denis Kang
    • Middleweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Murilo Rua vs. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jeremy May
    • Middleweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Murilo Bustamante vs. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jesse Taylor
    • Heavyweight bout: Peter Graham vs. Jim York
    • Light Heavyweight bout: Glover Teixeira vs. Marko Peseli
    • Lightweight bout: Richard Vaculik vs. Luke Hume
    • Welterweight bout: Shane Nix vs. Manuel Rodriguez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Its been a while since Ken Shamrock looked good in a fight, Pedro should be able to beat him.
    Id be interested to see Karo Parisyan fight again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im slightly shocked as to how much im looking forward to these events :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Looking forward to this.:)
    Also, be interesting to see what kind of a reaction Daley gets from the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Old Bustamante is still doing the rounds I see.. He must be getting on now!

Rizzo will TKO Ken in under 2 minutes.

Daley should comfortably beat Acacio.

Filho will probably pull out. So I give it to Kang by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I think this card is all names and no substance-not interested in it at all, Ken shamrock was finished 5 years ago never mind now.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    There is one the week before in Brisbane with some familiar names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_FC_1

is this on sky also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I have no idea why anyone would be interested in seeing Shamrock v Rizzo at this stage of both guys' careers!

Anyway, Filho v Kang is a serious match-up if it happens. also, Sapp v Soa should be great for action value. It won't be getting out of the first round........ but just because they'll both gas after 90 seconds!

Also, lol at the Pro Wrestling style poster! I half expect to look again and see "...with Special Guest: Mick Foley!"

Impact_NSW_a2-jpg_jpg_tmbsq175.jpg

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I have no idea why anyone would be interested in seeing Shamrock v Rizzo at this stage of both guys' careers!

I would be interested , just because i remember watching these guys when i was a kid. Bring back some memorys. I know its not the same but at least i can say i saw Ken Shamrock fight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ken just doesn't know when to stop.

Gintonious wrote: »

"Fighters fight" was the response when this was brought last.

*Runs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blatent brag, I'm 90% sure that I'm going to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

cowzerp wrote: »
    I think this card is all names and no substance-not interested in it at all, Ken shamrock was finished 5 years ago never mind now.

But was he not finished 12,13 years ago? 4 wins out of 11 in the last 10 years....

I remember Joe Rogan making a comment on the first Tito Ortiz/Shamrock fight about how Shamrock's Lions Den training isn't really suited to how the sport was today/then and that it was Ken setting the pace and you can't really do that. I don't know how his regime has changed since but his performance as a coach on TUF a few years ago was hardly a ringing endorsement!

I would be interested , just because i remember watching these guys when i was a kid. Bring back some memorys. I know its not the same but at least i can say i saw Ken Shamrock fight .

I know what you mean and there's definitely a market for big name guys like Ken Shamrock but did you not see him in his UFC return a few years ago? (or are you talking about actualy going to the event in person?)
    Gintonious wrote: »
    rovert wrote: »
    "Fighters fight" was the response when this was brought last.

*Runs*

It's all about the money dude! Obviouosly :) Ken's a smart dude and knows his name can still earn him dosh regardless of a win or loss. This is why we saw Royce Gracie vs. Akebono! I'll watch this fight if I have the channel. Don't think I wanna pay for it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

cowzerp wrote: »
    I think this card is all names and no substance-not interested in it at all.

Barnett, Shamrock, Karo. Oh, I'd say theres plenty of substance(s) .

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

Luis 'besuro' Duarte jnr is a serious fighter. Him fighting Karo is a great match up, Luis has good stand up & is a luta livre black belt. He currently holds the ommac title and I think he can win the fight.

It is a solid card, I'd pay for it, but I do agree Ken Shamrock is a ****in joke & should have quit 5-6 years ago easy!

Ist like watching the masters football. all the guys are in and around their 40's . Your not expecting to see premiership stile football.

You take the fight for what it is. 2 old war horse's going at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Ist like watching the masters football. all the guys are in and around their 40's . Your not expecting to see premiership stile football.

You take the fight for what it is. 2 old war horse's going at it.
    Chuck Liddel's in his 40s now isn't he? And Couture must be pushing 50! I'm sure UFC have had a few 40+ guys fight with them. When Couture won the LightHW title a few years ago the word was that "well, age doesn't really affect MMA" ie. unlike in boxing where guys stiffen, wind down and have loads of injuries MMA fighters can adapt. Or something...

Luis 'besuro' Duarte jnr is a serious fighter. Him fighting Karo is a great match up, Luis has good stand up & is a luta livre black belt. He currently holds the ommac title and I think he can win the fight.

Apparently he's injured and Karo is now fighting some local fella called ben mortimer

evil-dead-2-crazy-ash-27.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

Devastator wrote: »
    Apparently he's injured and Karo is now fighting some local fella called ben mortimer

DAMN!!!

Ken's training regime in the video must have Pedro crapping his Tapout shorts!

Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan beat Ben Mortimer via submission[3]
    Catchweight (160 lb) bout: Tom Waters beat Jacob Mahony via TKO[4]
    Heavyweight bout: Fabio Fernandes beat Api Hemara via submission[5]
    Lightweight bout: Thiago Meller beat Jai Bradney via submission[6]
    Welterweight bout: Brian Ebersole beat Carlos Newton via decision[7]
    Light Heavyweight bout: Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou beat Joaquim Ferreira via TKO[8]
    Heavyweight bout: Jeff Monson beat Bira Lima via decision[9]
    Heavyweight bout: Josh Barnett beat Geronimo dos Santos via TKO[10]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ken's training regime in the video must have Pedro crapping his Tapout shorts!

Yeah the video did end on an humorous note. Ken saying he's happy with his training and stuff and it closes with him tapping that uppercut bag.

Seriously though Ken looked horrible in that video. He's around the same age as Randy [@45 or so] and he looks like he should be drawing Social Security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i was afraid watching that video that the bag would swing back and KO him :)

watched a few of his last televised fights and just felt he will be brain damaged from punishment he is taking (could be argued he is seriously already, def doesnt look well in that interview). its obvious he believes he can still do it but for his own sake i feel someone needs to have a serious word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

When Couture won the LightHW title a few years ago the word was that "well, age doesn't really affect MMA"

No it wasn't - the "word" was that Couture is an athletic freak, who was also lucky to never have any significant injuries in his career, and always stayed healthy & ate well. He's the exception, not the rule - exactly the opposite of your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Is anyone watching this tonight?
    Actually looking forward to this.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Will be watching it if I can find somewhere to watch it. I was looking forward to last week's one too but by the time I thought it was on it had already happened and I couldn't avoid spoilers!

Good work on starting a Impact FC thread. Lets see this updated with news and stream links! :D

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Good work on starting a Impact FC thread.
    #

there is already a thread

Cant get through 2 the ****ing phoneline,absolutely redicoulus

37891_409265011913_14274396913_4640269_8023503_n.jpg

Ken is in great shape for an old man (46), but his body looked real stiff in his fight with Buzz Berry. I predict Rizzo by KO in the first round, probably within the first 2 minutes. Unless has fights on the back foot...

• Advertisement

Impact FC is back for the second time this month with part two of their mixed martial arts debut "Down Under" featuring a collection of former UFC and PRIDE veterans set to throw hands on July 18 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Sydney, Australia.
    All fighters set to compete on this weekend's "Uprising 2" card made their respective weights, and far as shenanigans go, Paulo Filho did not disappoint.
    As Jordan Breen reports from Sydney, the maligned middleweight enigma, looking "gaunt and sucked out," missed weight on his first attempt -- which didn't come until 20 minutes after the last fighter weighed in.
    After an hour long trip back to the sauna, a depleted "Ely" returned to the scale in his birthday suit. He clocked in at 186, but there's no telling what his condition may be for tomorrow's contest against Denis Kang.

265 lbs.: Ken Shamrock (212) vs. Pedro Rizzo (244)
    170 lbs.: Paul Daley (171) vs. Daniel Acacio (171)
    265 lbs.: Brad Morris (253) vs. Soa Palelei (289) - ?
    185 lbs.: Paulo Filho (186) vs. Denis Kang (185)
    185 lbs.: Murilo Rua (186) vs. Jeremy May (186)
    185 lbs.: Murilo Bustamante (185) vs. Jesse Taylor (185)
    265 lbs.: Peter Graham (252) vs. Jim York (256)
    205 lbs.: Glover Teixeira (206) vs. Marko Peselj (205)
    145 lbs.: Richie Vaculik (144) vs. Glenn Taylor Smith (143)
    170 lbs.: Shane Nix (169) vs. Manuel Rodriguez (170)

is the 289lb a mistake does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Cant get through 2 the ****ing phoneline,absolutely redicoulus

I just ordered there no problem and got through straight away...

Nvm..

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Will be watching it if I can find somewhere to watch it. I was looking forward to last week's one too but by the time I thought it was on it had already happened and I couldn't avoid spoilers!

Good work on starting a Impact FC thread. Lets see this updated with news and stream links! :D

Same thing happened to me, sat down at 3am and realised it was over, wasn't bothered downloading it. Actually i'd have done it again tonight had i not read this and reminded myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Devastator wrote: »
    is the 289lb a mistake does anyone know?

I hope he is a mistake. That guy ruined UFC 79 with his boring style of fighting.

I am streaming this. Not giving primetime any of money for the terrible coverage the super six is getting off them.

• Advertisement

anyone have a start time for this

unknown13 wrote: »
    anyone have a start time for this

well it hasn't started yet, i'm on the MMA channel on TVU and he only purchased it there 20mins ago..... id have taught it was 12-3, cause last weeks was over by 3am... so what time did it start?

It appears its is a 3am start time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah fcuk, thought I could just order it on the Sky box. Ah be alright, I'm gonna take someone elses role hee and ask, is there ayre a stream about?

I will be getting a stream myself. I don't know about everyone else.

Just to let people know. I will not be posting the stream on here. PM me if you want it.

Starting soon. I hope we don't get one sided beatdowns as it is possible with this card.

What a terrible intro.UFC's one makes it look like ****:D

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    What a terrible intro.UFC's one makes it look like ****:D

It is a smaller promotion with a hell of a lot less money than Zuffa, they are doing their best.

I Know

• Advertisement
Advertisement