Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suziki Ignis - thinking of buying one?

• 25-06-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying a 2001 Suziki Ignis from a dealer in South Tipp. Just wondering if anyone has had one before? I looked for Reviews for it on Car Buyers Guide website and there was only good reviews for it so said I'd give boards a go.Let me know what you thought of it if you had one before! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Ive had one before and pretty happy with it. No probs. Had good resale value too. Check when you do a test drive in the glove compartment and look through the servicing records. Get a full history check before you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

mumof2 wrote: »
    Ive had one before and pretty happy with it. No probs. Had good resale value too. Check when you do a test drive in the glove compartment and look through the servicing records. Get a full history check before you buy.

Thanks Mumof2, any idea how I get a full history check done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Had an Ignis Sport, loved it, great little car, reliable and decent performance too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

...stay away from the 4Grip... poor mpg and bad tyre wear.

• Advertisement

excuse my ignorance but what is 4 grip??

mumof2 wrote: »

One more question for you mumof2, whats boot space like? Sufficient for a buggy and a bit of room to spare??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

nikkibikki wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance but what is 4 grip??

There was a 4 wheel drive version of the Ignis called the "4grip". I used to live in the UK where you'd see the odd one. Maybe they never came here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd probably look at the Ford Fusion as a better alrounder than the Ignis to be honest.

si_guru wrote: »
    There was a 4 wheel drive version of the Ignis called the "4grip". I used to live in the UK where you'd see the odd one. Maybe they never came here?

Ok cheers, thought it was some terminology I wasn't familiar with!:D

• Advertisement

nikkibikki wrote: »
    One more question for you mumof2, whats boot space like? Sufficient for a buggy and a bit of room to spare??? :)

Not suitable for that, you will regret it - I had my 2 very young then, and had a 3 wheeler, and once that was in, the boot was full - maybe a small bag of shopping but thats it.

Same with the Suzuki Grand Vitara, had one of those as well, great to drive but boot space tiny, no good as family car.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Traded one on once, wasn't overly impressed with it, awful interior, quite narrow, and noisy enough.

How much is the car costing?

2K, took it for a test drive today and decided to buy it, collecting it on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

friend of mine had one ...a 3 door 2001.

Apart from looking like ****e, it seemed to be a decent enough car. Nippy for its engine size, reliable, economic, and....thats about all the pros. oh, and insurance on it seemed fine cos noone else drives one.

if you just want a car and nothing else, its perfect

ottostreet wrote: »
    friend of mine had one ...a 3 door 2001.

Apart from looking like ****e, it seemed to be a decent enough car. Nippy for its engine size, reliable, economic, and....thats about all the pros. oh, and insurance on it seemed fine cos noone else drives one.

if you just want a car and nothing else, its perfect

I already know what it looks like thanks! Good to know it was reliable.

Advertisement