Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to sell my cat :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Woooaaahhh...hold on a second, "get rid"? I said that because I was being ridiculed for saying selling when I could not think of a better way to say it other than "get rid", I explained that, so don't go saying "selling cats as if that's an acceptable way to get rid of them", at the end of the day, you have NO idea how long i've had the cat, what I've done for the cat, why I must re-home her, so maybe jump off your high horse, because I guarantee if you knew the full lengths of the situation, You'd HARDLY blame me for re-homing her, like seriously, the situation of re-homing her is difficult enough without posters like you coming on and accussing me of thinking of my cat as a "toy", or "things that can be given away", if I thought my cat was a toy, would I have gotten her as a kitten, kept her for 8 years, nuetered her, vaccinated her, fed and watered her, and only re-homed her as a VERY last resort? Cop on.

FYI Cookie I was talking about Iamxavier and others who said it was perfectly fine to sell a cat.

I don't care what the full lengths of the situation is. My opinion is based on the limited informtion I see in front of me, on thread, and I don't care what you think of it, me or anything else tbh. Cop on indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kimia wrote: »
    Thank you Fatmammycat and Boomerang for explaining what I thought was obvious!

Grace, in my opinion if there are circumstances beyond your control (ie your own death) then you have taken care of the pet to the best of your ability - obviously there is nothing you can do.

However in the case of the apartment/landlord problem I wouldn't give in. I would either find somewhere that accepted pets and pay extra or lie. For example, if I was in your position I would just have animals secretly from the landlord. I know it's not the right thing to do but I don't care, if I have adopted pets they stay with me. And if I have to pay an extra deposit or pay for a broken lease etc so be it.

I understand,, and we have hidden our pets before; and also we have refused to chain our dogs up or keep them outside, time after time.

In one case, we found the landlord;s collie tied to a 56 lb weight 24/7 and managed to get it off him finally.

That was a horrible situation

BUT we are now on Rent Allowance, and the choice is very limited, believe us. So there is not the option of paying extra. There really isn't and I think that we all have to make leeway in our attitudes over these things.

We are in fact probably now having to move way away now.
    Involving removal costs also now.

These situations are as unavoidable as death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Have you tried uploading the pics to photobucket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

peasant wrote: »
    totally off topic ...but what the heck ...

All I can say is ROFL

There is fighting the high horse brigade (a badge of honour for every proud keyboard warrior) and then there is fighting windmills :D

Cats in this country can consider themselves lucky if they are (left) alive at all ...encouraging people to sell an older "second hand" cat just to get one over on the "moral brigade" just shows severe detachment from realism.

@OP ...sorry, can't help, have three older rescues already. Their noses would be seriously out of joint if we tried to introduce another.

I was encouraging the OP to do what he/she felt right. Not to be bullied into a decision because of somebody elses moral issues.
    Are you kidding me? The three I have here, all rescue, depend VERY much on me. If it was NOT for me the 19 year old would have died 19 years ago, the 14 year old one was ALMOST dead from infection when I took him in and the baby of the group now 8 was blind, was riddled with with fleas and cat flu and only 6 weeks old when he was found on the side of a dusty road. So yeah, bull, they do depend on us.
    Looking at some of the poor miserable uncared for basterds round here whose owners barely look up or down at them, I wouldn't wish that life on any cat. We practically kept two poor old Toms alive this winter by leaving them enough dry food to make it through. And trust me, had we not fed them the would be very dead by now.

It's called natural selection :P

Of course a blind, injured animal will depend on you, but cats would not be 100% dependant on humans, they still hunt birds and rabbits along with other small animals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement