Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Gold BGT3595 Now Available (Dual DVB-S2 + DVB-T + Analogue)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

yeah, but you said you need a new recommendation :)
    get a 3595 somewhere or wait 2-3 years for the next BGT card...

you may find an no-brand dual dvbs2 on some german sites if you keep looking, ive seen one but cant remember where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's the one I'm thinking of, not exactly a well known brand tho. How do you find it for reliability in 7mc?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

gtg60 wrote: »
    Single tuner 3630, DVB-S2 and DVB-T2, supposed to be out next month.
    No dual tuner news yet though.

aye, i saw your original post, the 3630 is single tuner for each only. pity, caause having the 3595 functionality in one card is very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

subway wrote: »
    That's the one I'm thinking of, not exactly a well known brand tho. How do you find it for reliability in 7mc?
    I don't have one myself, but Khannie, who posted this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71157647, seems to have one in his setup. See post #36 for a photo of it in his case. I was thinking of getting one if/when I get around to setting up a system.

Maybe you could ask him by PM how he's getting on with it, or reply to that other thread. He's monitoring it AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

They've announced the BGT3600, dual DVB-T2 and dual DVB-S2, available 18/07/2011, so we might have it by Christmas. :)

My BGT3540 (dual DVB-T and dual DVB-S) doesn't work with BBC HD anymore so I'm thinking of getting a new one.

http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Products/BGT3600

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

:( Will it really be Xmas before it arrives. I'd really like to get the card soon.

Is the only difference between the 3600 and 3630 a dual tuner?

I'm being silly, blackgold have a bit of a reputation for delaying product releases. It really has to do with their chip partners but their communication isn't the best. Fingers crossed for a late July availability, although I suspect there will be a lot of demand.

With the 3630 you can record one terrestrial channel and one sat channel at the same time. With the 3600 you can record two of each. I really can't see any reason to buy the 3630. For an £30 extra you get so much more, you can record 4 channels at once, good shows are always on at the same time! Even if your sat dish only has one lnb you still get the dual terrestrial and can always upgrade your lnb at a later date.

Guess I'll get a cheap USB tuner until the 3600 is available. Any recommendations on a tuner for Freesat. Doesn't have to be HD.

Oh and the price of the 3600 doesn't include vat/delivery so probably going to cost €190. Not bad considering what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Re: USB DVB-S2 tuner box, I have a dual DVB-S PCI card but was looking into this, as I posted in another thread-
    Wheeker wrote: »
    BBCHD & BBC1HD: Since they moved to DVB-S2 I am considering one of these DVB-S2 USB tuner boxes, but don't think I would spend £47.99 just to get three HD channels (CH4HD as well), two of which I get in SD anyhow :confused::

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DVB-S2-Definition-Digital-Satellite-Receiver/dp/B0038LTZE0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&m=A2GQI2TM3GLHN9&s=generic&qid=1307105207&sr=1-10

Still a good price if need USB & you don't have DVB-S (& it's DVB-S2!). BTW, I have yet to come across a dual DVB-S(2) USB tuner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Looks like there was a bit of a loophole left open for ordering these up to a day or two ago. If you googled "black gold sat card" a restricted 3595 order page was the top hit. This page listed the part as still being in stock and for sale while the regular page had it as unavailable. Put in an order on Monday and it was dispatched yesterday :)

Update: card just arrived :D

Nice! How much € was it altogether. I'm so tempted to get one. The 3630 release has been pushed out to August 1st:(

Maclek may be right and it won't be september till I actually get it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I may have a 3595 up on adverts next week, considering moving away from a htpc based setup. Might help someone affected by the gap in availability of the two cards

Boo_hoo wrote: »
    Nice! How much € was it altogether. I'm so tempted to get one. The 3630 release has been pushed out to August 1st:(

Maclek may be right and it won't be september till I actually get it.

Cost €170 in total. Not cheap but as it'll give purpose to my SFF build I figure it's an investment (plus the tevii dual dvb-s2 card is 100+ too)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Does anyone know where I can get the wire for IR receiver in this card? Should it have come with the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Sorry for hijacking the thread but does anybody know if the BGT3630 PCI-E card require a 6 pin PCI-E power connector?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Orthanix

stackeye wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but does anybody know if the BGT3630 PCI-E card require a 6 pin PCI-E power connector?

Stackeye,

The 3630 does not appear to require a 6 pin power. The installation manual for the 36xx series states the 6 pin connector is not required for the 3630 as it does not have an external LNB supply.

The manual is on the BGT website in support if you want to check it out.

Thanks Orthanix

I found that document, it states the below

"n.b. 3.2.1 Not applicable to the BGT3630, which does not have an external LNB supply."

Did this mean the BGT3630 does not need the 6 pin connector IF you already have a powered LNB?

I am using a Dell Optiplex 745 as my new media center and it doesn't come with this connector which might stop the whole thing

Its grand folks, I received an email from Black and Gold stating that the BGT3630 does not require a 6 pin pcie connector, happy days

• Advertisement

stackeye wrote: »
    Thanks Orthanix

I found that document, it states the below

"n.b. 3.2.1 Not applicable to the BGT3630, which does not have an external LNB supply."

Did this mean the BGT3630 does not need the 6 pin connector IF you already have a powered LNB?

I am using a Dell Optiplex 745 as my new media center and it doesn't come with this connector which might stop the whole thing

Stackeye,

Yes my understanding is that the 3630 does not require the 6 pin power connector and that the card draws it's power from the motherboard. Also if you look at the picture of the 3630 on the website there is no 6 pin socket on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Does the 3600 let you record/watch 2 digital terrestial and 2 digital satellite channels at the same time? If so, is that the best card to go for? Just trying to understand what scenarios people are using the 3630 for - are you using two 3630 cards in the same machine?

Does the 3600 let you record/watch 2 digital terrestial and 2 digital satellite channels at the same time? If so, is that the best card to go for? Just trying to understand what scenarios people are using the 3630 for - are you using two 3630 cards in the same machine?

FrankGrimes yes the 3600 let's you record 2 DVB-T and 2 DVB-S at the same time. I'm using it for both Saorview and Freesat and it works a treat. The picture quality is suberb so far both in SD and HD.

IMO the main benefit of having two 3630 cards is that if one goes bust at least you will have a bit of redundancy.

Orthanix wrote: »
    FrankGrimes yes the 3600 let's you record 2 DVB-T and 2 DVB-S at the same time. I'm using it for both Saorview and Freesat and it works a treat. The picture quality is suberb so far both in SD and HD.

IMO the main benefit of having two 3630 cards is that if one goes bust at least you will have a bit of redundancy.

That's great news....seems like the perfect card so? I'll order up one of them bad boys so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I hope I'm on the right thread. I recently got a BGT3600 and it appears to require a cable. On their site there is a link but no option to order it. I've emailed them but if I can't get one from them where would I get an alternative?

I think you're talking about the 6 pin pci express power cable. Your pc power supply should have one of these unless it is a fairly low end one. Look at the leads coming out of the power supply and see if there is one.

You can also buy an adapter cable that will convert a 4 pin old style molex into a 6 pin pci express http://www.dabs.ie/products/startech-com-lp4-to-6-pin-pci-express-adapt-4JY0.html?q=6%20pin%20pci%20express you might also find one locally and save a bit.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress

Good luck!

I've just installed a BGT3600 and it appears to be working for the UK freeview satellite channels but for Irish digital terrestial channels it is giving a 'service is scrambled' error message. Anyone had similar problems and/or know how to resolve it? Thanks.

Got that problem sorted. Just for anyone running into similar problem: resetup the TV signal but for the antenna untick 2 of the 4 tuners that are listed - for some reason it lists two DVB-C and has these checked by default, uncheck them and re-run the scan and it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

maclek wrote: »
    I think you're talking about the 6 pin pci express power cable. Your pc power supply should have one of these unless it is a fairly low end one. Look at the leads coming out of the power supply and see if there is one.

You can also buy an adapter cable that will convert a 4 pin old style molex into a 6 pin pci express http://www.dabs.ie/products/startech-com-lp4-to-6-pin-pci-express-adapt-4JY0.html?q=6%20pin%20pci%20express you might also find one locally and save a bit.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress

Good luck!

OK finally got this sorted out. Thanks for your help. Next issue is getting feeds. Hopefully I can explain.

Multiple satellite feeds through one cable into one of the DVB-S2 ports(doing a favour for someone). The feeds are working fine on a TV.

I also have one 1 terrestrial feed which is working just fine in Windows Media Center.

My problem

The satellite feed despite doing a further transponder scan and identifying a massive list of channels is not doing anything. In other words I can't view any of the channels.

My questions which I am hoping someone can offer some help on are.

1. When choosing the LNB position for each feed, does the order you add the satellites matter? I have also opted for the universal default in each case.

2. Are there any other possible issues that can cause this in Windows Media Center?

3. Are there any other types of devices or even software that can interfere here?

To try to figure this out I installed ProgDVB and it happily picked up the feeds. I can only view a small number of channels from each deed and for some odd reason they all seem to be French.

This just leaves me very puzzled and any help, suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

does windows properly support diseq switching properly for your setup? (i think thats whats neede for a mulitsat setup)

Advertisement