Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Husky Found

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for advice please. We've found a stray huskey in our area. She won't leave our door. We spotted her a couple of times over the past 2 - 3 weeks locally, but today she came into the house and is now out in the back garden playing with our 2 yorkies.

I've tried calling:

1. Dogs Trust - They only take dogs from pounds

2. Paws - they have no room

3. Dogs Aid - they have no room

4. DSPCA - no answer

None of them can help. They suggested getting a vet to scan for a microchip - I called the local vet - no answer!!!

she has no collar but is definitely someone's pet!

Someone please advise. We can't keep her as she's too big & energetic for our 2 little fellas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

can you bring her down to the vet? they might have been on lunch when you rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

First off good on you for looking out for her.
    Any vet will scan a found dog for free, so try calling a few, where are you based? People may be better able to advise if they know the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Sorry, based in Dublin 11. I don't want to give away too many details about her in case someone is chancing their arm trying to get her as she's so nice. Very Distinctive.

The vets is opening again this afternoon so we'll try again then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Will pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OP I found a dog last year and brought him to Anicare down by the Botanics - they took him in that evening and arranged for the pound to take him the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

tk123 wrote: »
    OP I found a dog last year and brought him to Anicare down by the Botanics - they took him in that evening and arranged for the pound to take him the next morning.

Please make sure it doesnt go to the pound as it wont have a chance there and will be pts after 5 days if not claimed. Best thing is try to get it to a rescue that doesnt pts and will hold on it until its rehomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

andreac wrote: »
    Please make sure it doesnt go to the pound as it wont have a chance there and will be pts after 5 days if not claimed. Best thing is try to get it to a rescue that doesnt pts and will hold on it until its rehomed.

This is now sorted. Well done to the op and his OH, for taking the time and effort to make sure this little girl is safe, a lot of people wouldn't have bothered.

Andrea, Ashton are actually working very hard to rehome the dogs that end up in there, their pts rate is very low. They work with rescues all over the country to get the dogs out to new homes:D You are right though, not all pounds are like that, it all depends where you are in the country.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ISDW wrote: »
    This is now sorted. Well done to the op and his OH, for taking the time and effort to make sure this little girl is safe, a lot of people wouldn't have bothered.

Andrea, Ashton are actually working very hard to rehome the dogs that end up in there, their pts rate is very low. They work with rescues all over the country to get the dogs out to new homes:D You are right though, not all pounds are like that, it all depends where you are in the country.:(

Yeah Ashton do great work alright but think they are about the only pound that get that sort of help so they are lucky dogs to come from their.
    Glad to hear this girl got sorted.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Thanks Karen (ISDW) for your help.

Just an update for everyone: I rang around a lot of places to see if they could take her but none could help. I brought the dog to the vet to scan for a microchip but there was none.

Karen from Irish Sled Dog Welfare arranged a foster over the weekend until she comes to Dublin to pick her up at the weekend. The foster-er should be here in an hour or 2 to pick her up.

At the moment this lovely girl is asleep at my feet. She really is the friendliest 'stray' that I've ever seen. I hope she gets a loving home because she deserves one. Our 2 Yorkies have been running around playing with her all day and she has been so gentle with them.

It's a shame we have to get rid of her but it really wouldn't have been fair to keep her.

Anyway, thanks for the concern. And thanks again Karen for arranging everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You've a good heart steviecakes, thanks for keeping her safe until ISDW can take her... She'll get a great home. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Also try ringing the local garda station in case someone has reported him missing it worked for me before:)

Advertisement