Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

I got the original on Steam about a year ago. I wish I'd bought it sooner, it's an amazing game.
    I can see this project becoming vaporware in an instant if Ubisoft needs to do cutbacks though, it's not the kind of project that's ever going to make a huge profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't played it since the gamecube. Must see if I can dig it up again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Quotes keep on popping up in relation to this every few months. Good to see some confirmation it still exists!

Beyond Good and Evil is without a doubt one of the best games of last decade. A sequel is definitely something to be excited about, just wish it would show up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I must dig this out. Have it on the PC. My only gripe is that you couldn't use a joypad.

This and psychonauts were two of my fav games of the last gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Beyond Good and Evil was the evolution to 3D Zelda games that Nintendo are too afraid to make.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The thing that really makes me want a sequel is that the ending of the last game suggested approaching epicness. I don't remember the specifics, but there was a pretty cool cliffhanger that really made me want a sequel asap. It was one of those rare games that seemed to have a clear artistic vision, so it's a damn shame it flopped commercially to create the limbo of sorts the sequel is now stuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 asmaraa

Only complaint that I had was that it was to short and wasn't very hard once you got used to the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The thing that really makes me want a sequel is that the ending of the last game suggested approaching epicness. I don't remember the specifics, but there was a pretty cool cliffhanger that really made me want a sequel asap. It was one of those rare games that seemed to have a clear artistic vision, so it's a damn shame it flopped commercially to create the limbo of sorts the sequel is now stuck in.

The ending revealed
    one of the green yokes on the pigs hand

You need to skip to about 20 seconds before the end.

Also, obviously there are spoilers in the above video.

Beyond Good and Evil HD remake inbound: http://kotaku.com/5651856/beyond-good--evil-getting-hd-re+release

As welcome as that is, I can't help but feel that the resources would be more effectively pumped in the sequel we're still frickin' waiting on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Beyond Good and Evil HD remake inbound: http://kotaku.com/5651856/beyond-good--evil-getting-hd-re+release

As welcome as that is, I can't help but feel that the resources would be more effectively pumped in the sequel we're still frickin' waiting on :pac:

I would imagine that this is a good sign for the sequel. Resources required for this must be fairly minimal. Looking forward to re-playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If it's as good as the Monkey Island HD ones im sold on it.

Bump....

Is BG&E2 the next Duke Nukem Forever?

Michel Ancel said that it's not coming out on this generation of consoles, which means at least 2-3 years before we see it. It was announced in 2008, so that could be a 6 year gap between announcement and release....

(Unless Nintendo have a huge exclusive lined up for Project Café/Wii2)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-bg-and-e2-to-miss-current-generation
    Top game designer Michel Ancel has revealed that the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil will not be released on current-gen consoles. Instead, his Ubisoft Montpellier team is focusing on the upcoming Rayman Origins.

The news emerged last night from an exclusive Ubisoft dinner in LA, attended by Eurogamer's sister site GamesIndustry.biz.

"It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we can't go back now," Ancel said. "We are targeting the next generation of consoles."

Beyond Good & Evil 2 was unveiled at the publisher's Ubidays event in 2008. An HD remake of the critically acclaimed but underperforming original, which launched on PS2, GameCube and Xbox, was released earlier this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saying nothing is probably better then saying the above. Being 'very far' into development, how can they not have known until recently that the game wouldnt even be released on current gen machines. And considering the next gen hasnt even been announced yet, it's a pretty stupid statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ffs they released a teaser trailer what? 3 years ago ??????

Don't forget this:
    (Not sure if it was ever confirmed as being genuine, but it looks sweet....)

Kiith wrote: »
    Saying nothing is probably better then saying the above. Being 'very far' into development, how can they not have known until recently that the game wouldnt even be released on current gen machines. And considering the next gen hasnt even been announced yet, it's a pretty stupid statement.

Well a new Nintendo console is being announced today (apparently) so the next-gen isn't that far off....

But yes, waiting is hard, especially when it's for something as potentially brilliant as a BG&E sequel!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That trailer is interesting.
    Makes it seem like the setting is very Middle-East inspired.

Wonder how that would affect the development (what with the Arab Spring revolutions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Shame it wasnt at E3.

Advertisement