Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elton John and Ray Cooper in the O2

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

Just announced for December 15th. Goes on sale next Thursday.

marsbar, are you out there?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just announced for December 15th. Goes on sale next Thursday.

marsbar, are you out there?

:D I'm here

I'm devastated man! It's the week my Christmas exams for my final year of college...
    :(

It hurts. Real bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Seen this on Hot Press. Tickets are €50 cheaper than the doomed gig from last year! Will be booking my Block D tickets Tuesday morning in the O2 presale! Last time I saw Elton John in concert was 2 July 2005. He played Live 8 and then flew over to play here. Was a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Two of my all-time favourite gigs are his Marquee and Thomond Park shows, so the opportunity to see him again, in any incarnation, is great, not least because the setlists with Ray include a few slightly more obscure songs that he wouldn't normally do with the band.
    marsbar, sorry to hear you're not going to be able to make it. Seek solace in the fact that he'll probably be back with Nigel (!!!) and the band next year.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

musicmania wrote: »
    Seen this on Hot Press. Tickets are €50 cheaper than the doomed gig from last year! Will be booking my Block D tickets Tuesday morning in the O2 presale! Last time I saw Elton John in concert was 2 July 2005. He played Live 8 and then flew over to play here. Was a great day!

ah, I'm gonna have to find someone with that 02 presale thing to get good seats!
    Two of my all-time favourite gigs are his Marquee and Thomond Park shows, so the opportunity to see him again, in any incarnation, is great, not least because the setlists with Ray include a few slightly more obscure songs that he wouldn't normally do with the band.
    marsbar, sorry to hear you're not going to be able to make it. Seek solace in the fact that he'll probably be back with Nigel (!!!) and the band next year.

I've done my research and the guys last year only had one christmas exam so I'm taking my chances anyway. I'm determined to be there!!

It's my birthday next weekend so I'm using that excuse to get tickets!

mars bar wrote: »

I've done my research and the guys last year only had one christmas exam so I'm taking my chances anyway. I'm determined to be there!!

It's my birthday next weekend so I'm using that excuse to get tickets!

Sure one you put in the work before hand and stay of the beer for the gig you will be fine. Everyone needs down time. BTW my excuse for buying the tickets is that it is my Birthday Tuesday:)

• Advertisement

Sure one you put in the work before hand and stay of the beer for the gig you will be fine. Everyone needs down time. BTW my excuse for buying the tickets is that it is my Birthday Tuesday:)

Yeah I'll have to put my head down alright, my course is very practical, mainly projects and stuff...I found one of my friends on o2 so he's gonna help me with priority tickets!

Ah class, happy birthday! I'm 21 on the 4th of July so it's the big one...hence the parents couldn't say no to it!

Yeah I'll have to put my head down alright, my course is very practical, mainly projects and stuff...I found one of my friends on o2 so he's gonna help me with priority tickets!

Ah class, happy birthday! I'm 21 on the 4th of July so it's the big one...hence the parents couldn't say no to it!

Happy 21st! Will be a good present for you!

Will be booking my Block D tickets Tuesday morning in the O2 presale!

How did you get on with the presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Got mine in Block D row 14. Pretty good.

A girl I know got flat seating in it. I hope they didn't give out all of those tickets down the front coz I heard that people who bought tickets on credit card through ticketmaster for the cancelled Red Piano show late last year got first choice on Monday for tickets...

• Advertisement

Just got my ticket on the flat seating, row F seat 54 which means I'm quite a bit off to the right. I'll probably just be looking at the piano for the night but I'll have a good view of Ray!

Just delighted to have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ppdub73

My seat is 43 on row K on the flat seating. Not bad considering I had 3 presales to contend with. So I think I beat the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Block G row 4 tiered seating :) got 5 tickets for all family

How did you get on with the presale?

Due to financial issues I had to pass on this. C'est La Vie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

i got the tickets i ordered today. but i bought them for my mother and her friend. they'v got my name on them. well they get in ir do i have too be up there. I use one of them 3v things.

cena wrote: »
    i got the tickets i ordered today. but i bought them for my mother and her friend. they'v got my name on them. well they get in ir do i have too be up there. I use one of them 3v things.

That was very quick delivery! No you won't need to be there. The name of the person who books the tickets always appears on them.

Another girl I know got hers today too. I really hope mine comes soon...

:D I'm here

I'm devastated man! It's the week my Christmas exams for my final year of college...
    :(

It hurts. Real bad.

Only one exam and the sheer cheek of us asking for our exam to be on the Monday has paid off so it's all good! :D

Just 6 days to go now...

I got 2 tickets for this in block right in front of stage. I can't go anymore though cos I got a new job last week :( Looking to sell them now if anyone is interested. PM if interested, otherwise they'll have to be a xmas present for someone.

Cheers.

Any one?

• Advertisement

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Any one?

I have a lot of friends on facebook that are into Elton. I'll put up a status if you want, someone might decide to take them. What row are they in?

I have a lot of friends on facebook that are into Elton. I'll put up a status if you want, someone might decide to take them. What row are they in?

Cheers, the tickets are .pdf so will be able to just email them.

Seats are
    Section BLOCKD
    Row 14
    Seats 106 - 107

Really good seats, I got them in presale so raging I gotta work! Face Value is 230 euro, will take anything 200+ straight away, otherwise I'll just see what offers are made.

Cheers again.

I put it on my facebook there. Many of the friends I have are from all over the world though so if it works, then you have gotten mightily lucky! Don't get your hopes up though.

IrishIrish wrote: »
    I got 2 tickets for this in block right in front of stage. I can't go anymore though cos I got a new job last week :( Looking to sell them now if anyone is interested. PM if interested, otherwise they'll have to be a xmas present for someone.

Seats are
    Section BLOCKD
    Row 14
    Seats 106 - 107

Tickets are .pdf so can be emailed to anyone interested. Face Value 230, Will sell for 200.

Cheers.

These still available if anyone interested.

My mother had two tickets for sale as well for wednesday.

block f
    row 17 seats 156-157. she paid 205 euros.

she got them for a friends birthday and told my mother that she can't go now as she has too work.

she's welling too sell them for 50 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Cena, i'll take them for 50euro each! pm me

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Cena, i'll take them for 50euro each! pm me

do you want these or not. waiting on your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Not long home from this tonight GREAT GIG!!

He played more then 2 hours not far off 3 to be honest and i had not heard him live for while before this wasnt sure what be like but wow sounds amazing.

Piano skills are something else he didnt even have to sing at times just to listen to him play would of been worth the price alone almost.

Ray Cooper is some talent as well guy does not miss a beat seems to hit the notes in his head before we hear them!!

Great gig overall couple tunes he didnt play but sure he could of played all night if he wanted!

I loved this gig! It wasn't a greatest hits concert which made it a million times better! You could close your eyes and just listen...the sound was so good. Ray Cooper, what a man!

Got the stage rush but didn't get my ticket signed. :(

There is some amazing Elton fans out there.

• Advertisement

It was an excellent gig. Two hours, forty-five minutes, I think it ran. As you say, not a Greatest Hits show, but there was more than enough well-known material to keep casual fans happy, and lots of weirder stuff that he'd never normally do with the band (Indian Sunset, I Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself) to placate Elton die-hards.
    Mind you, from where I was sitting (admittedly in the flat seats), there was none of the usual conveyor belt of people going to the bar just because they didn't recognise a new song, or an obscure track, so clearly everyone was captivated.
    Ray is indeed phenomenal. Elton was obviously great on his own for the first half, but Ray's contribution (particularly on Better Off Dead and Levon) was just superb.

Advertisement