Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan top up?????

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am just considering applying for a top up loan and I just wanted to get some opinions or feedback.
    I recently moved house unexpectedly and I have a few one off expenses that I would just like to have cleared to one payment ie credit union.
    I have been with my CU since I was about 5 so over 20 years. I do not have much savings with them but I have had quite a few loans.
    I borrowed in February for a car which topped up my previous loan to about 9000.00 (at one stage my loan was up to 13k but I cleared it to 6k and then added 3k in Feb)
    Anyway when I got the loan for the car I didn't realize I would be moving so I had not foreseen these recent expenses. I am paying 320.00 per month on the loan and I want to top it up by 2k. Has anyone ever borrowed so soon again after a previous loan?
    I'm in full time employment and I've never missed a payment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

Single1 I have topped up within a couple of months of getting a loan without any problem. As long as you have a good repayment record, which you appear to have, there should be no problem. Credit unions are very accomodating and so long as you are able to repay the loan you should be approved. Good luck:)

Advertisement