Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12V vs 240V recess lights

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I have a lot of recessed light in my house and they are all 12v. My first question is why would you put 12v instead of 240v recess light?

My second question is if I want to change over a lot of my lights to led light, should i stick to the 12v. There seems to be more powerful 240v lights available.

P.s. I already cahanged a few to 12v leds but the old transformer would not work with the phillips 4w leds i boought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

12 v halogen type bulbs have a better light output than there gu10 counterparts and your second question if you plan changing to led i would take out the traffo and use 230v gu10 type bulbs and gu10 leads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wacked

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that.

Advertisement