Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT on New Car

• 25-06-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

thinking of heading to the north to get a new car

is it worth it ??

ie a 2.0 diesel , people carrier like the ford kuga

how is it calculated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

is it worth it ??

how is it calculated

Are you just heading up north because everyone else is, or have you done any research at all?

Certainly sounds like there has been no research at all........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

enter all the details and make sure you choose the right model in the last field!;)

Sterling very bad at the moment tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

R.O.R wrote: »
    Are you just heading up north because everyone else is, or have you done any research at all?

does it matter ??

if its cheaper why not

get bent over a barrell down here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

R.O.R wrote: »

I presume this is his research ie asking here to people that might know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

does it matter ??

if its cheaper why not

get bent over a barrell down here
    Because it might not actually be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

steve06 wrote: »
    Because it might not actually be cheaper.

He is right.. you need to factor in VRT and VAT if it is new.. chances are the net price differnce is close to zero. Plus if you buy in the North you'll be handing over a big chunk of tax the UK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

is it worth it ??

how is it calculated
    go north my good man! i got a 2l turbo diesel there,the co2 emissions(for my car) wernt on the vrt website so i paid 1,002euro to clear it and still got a bargain. the co2 emissions will be on the log book. the lower the emission the lower the vrt. pm me for a heads up on where your thinking of going. best of luck.

Advertisement