Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner Spin: Sat 26th

• 25-06-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

That's a nice spin, alright. I did a very similar route to it last Monday evening. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I'll be visiting people in the flat-lands of Meath and Kildare. I reckon it'd be a good step-up for all the others who have been on recent beginner spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

I could be up for that if I can wangle a pass. The descent from Sally Gap is fabulous, like a roller coaster with great visibility and surface (I still creep down it though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

that powerscourt mountain? by that big lake is no "gentle ben" after, especially if you just done stocking for the virgin time and it is really humid! and your left your bottle of gaterade at home!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Sounds good but 9 is a bit late for me. If anyone is around the start of that route at 7.30 I would be happy to have company. I'll be the one chugging along slowly wearing a Planet-X jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

Was planning a similar route for tomorrow, would appreciate some company (but will be dead slow on the hills). Are you starting from Templeogue bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Where are you starting from Scien?

sorry misread the map - looks like the bridge between Terenure and Rathfarnham - will aim for that at 09.00. On a blue PX, hopefully see y'all there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Scien wrote: »
    I'll be the scrawny lad in the Columbia/HTC gear.

Think myself, Dirk and Diarmuid passed you a couple of km outside Glencree.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Was running late myself so nipped down at 9 and met Gasco. We hung around for a few minutes but no sign of anyone else so we headed off in our own little Planet-X themed spin. Great day for it and nice to meet a Boardsie in real life. Sorry we missed you Scien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Scien wrote: »
    Ah yes, think I remember ye powering up the hill alright. :)
    think we passed you when we were powering down it actually. :) On this bend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

view worth struggling for. must start heading down to wicklow myself, view looks better then sheep and cabbage fields of north county dublin

daragh_ wrote: »
    Was running late myself so nipped down at 9 and met Gasco. We hung around for a few minutes but no sign of anyone else so we headed off in our own little Planet-X themed spin. Great day for it and nice to meet a Boardsie in real life. Sorry we missed you Scien.

Yep, t'was a great spin alright. Thanks for the company Daragh. The rest of my weekend was spent in a DIY themed hell, in retrospect toiling up Stocking Lane in your wake was almost fun.

Advertisement