Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin services Athlone, which to choose?

Options
  • 25-06-2010 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi, anybody know who provides the cheapest/best refuse collection service in Athlone town??

I know there are a few different providers;

AES, Wallace, Oxigen....

any advice welcome,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I use AES. They were the cheapest at the time. My bin doesn't go out that often cos I pack as much as possible into them. Especially the recycling one. Its surprising how much more ya can fit in if you squash it down

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

I seen those bin thrasher gadgets in apple green the other day to sqush them down so you dont have to jump on top of your bin and rish stepping on glass or falling off. anyone have one?? tempted to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

I'd recommend Wallace over AES. Had to cancel my AES account recently after numerous late pickups or no shows. After I cancelled, I had 6 phonecalls from them telling me my bin would be collected in a few days, the message eventually got through that I wanted to close the account. I'm still waiting on reimbursement for credit I bought with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

I'd recommend Wallace, as they do weekly refuse collections (but bi-weekly for the recycling). I found with the AES I might have missed a collection and then had to wait another two weeks before I could get the bin emptied!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

Hi i have gone with OXIGEN,

2 recycling tags 4euro

2 refuse tags 8 euro

i think that is a good offer!

anyone else have oxigen??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Using AES but considering changing.

Ensure you have a electronic tagging system and not paper one mind. Some little pricks used to rob a shedload of them off us when myself and roosterman lived in a certain estate east side of the town many moons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Using AES but considering changing.

Ensure you have a electronic tagging system and not paper one mind. Some little pricks used to rob a shedload of them off us when myself and roosterman lived in a certain estate east side of the town many moons ago

A yes, back when we had the brothel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

A yes, back when we had the brothel

<Willie O Dea Impression>
    Sure jaysis did ya not hear about them back years ago, working together...when they werent turnin tricks with the locals
    </Willie O Dea Impression>

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I use Wallace. Its handy that they collect refuse every week and recycling every 2 weeks so if you forget the bins or are away one week you wont be left too long with the rubbish building up.

Advertisement