Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky Seomra-alcohol free nightclub

Options
  • 25-06-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever been to the Funky Seomra club night? http://dancefree.ie/

It looks interesting, with bouncy castle and games, music and mini food market all inside. Sort of a cross between a club and a children's party for adults. I was thinking of trying out the next one, though my cynical brain wonders if maybe it'll be a bit earnestly annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The name makes me want to spit :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Has the Funky Seomra got an age limit?
    I would be interested in going but I wouldn't be into turning up and seeing 12 year olds running around the place.
    All I can see is that it's open to all ages.

Has the Funky Seomra got an age limit?
    I would be interested in going but I wouldn't be into turning up and seeing 12 year olds running around the place.
    All I can see is that it's open to all ages.

lol!
    Well it's on till 1am so I would hope there would be some sort of age limit!
    Hopefully someone can answer cause it actually sounds like good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

I'd hope so too but would rather know for sure than go out and then realise it's full of kids.
    Sure didn't the teenage discos' like the wes and the cricket use to go on till 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

I thinking off giving the July gig a shot... after all If I aint their I never know!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's the thing isn't it. If there are a lot of younger teens there it would not be the type of thing I'd be interested in, and if it's all ages it could be overrun with them.

iguana wrote: »
    That's the thing isn't it. If there are a lot of younger teens there it would not be the type of thing I'd be interested in, and if it's all ages it could be overrun with them.

And they'd all be locked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Schtoom

It's not teens! Mostly 20's and 30's - it can be a great night and there's a good buzz once enough people start dancing. I've had a great time there and would definitely recommend it. It's not earnest - or at least you can stay away from the earnest bits, veggie food etc and just dance your feet off :-) It's worth a go - July 17 the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

im heading up on saturday night with 3 mates looking forward to it

Just back from it - fab night, great fun!!

• Advertisement

Schtoom wrote: »
    Just back from it - fab night, great fun!!

me to great night but ill bring a second shirt next time as the sweat was runin of me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Hi all.

What sort of age group goes to this and when is it on again?

Hi all.

What sort of age group goes to this and when is it on again?

20s to 50s but really good fun I went up last night with 2 mates 33yo 33yo and 38yo had a great time think they are on every 6 weeks next one is in teplebar I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 enaekleon

went to this (funky seomra) lastnite

i found it a bit weird tbh. i mean u have people of from 20-70 who for a moment or two look like they are on good quality MDMA...but are not....and that's the problem i had. for me i felt like i was at a 'fake rave'. but of course those there wouldnt obv feel that way and so it was prob a great nite for many.

i had to leave afetr an hourish as i was thinking i'd rather not be there at all than being there trying to get into it while knowing deep down how far off the real drug fuelled rave experience it was. but thats just for me as for many others there they wouldnt be coming for that background or pervoius experience.

seemed a good night for those who were 'into it' but unfortunately it aint for me.

will have to seek out other stuff to d i guess.

some fit 50 somethings there though!!!:)

enaekleon wrote: »

some fit 50 somethings there though!!!:)

Ha ha! Was there any fit ladies in the twenties age group there :D

me to great night but ill bring a second shirt next time as the sweat was runin of me lol

Hah! Me too, was destroyed! :D Sign of having a good time though :)
    Best one I've been to I think

some very fit 20 and 30 yo ladies very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Are there strobe lights?

Are there strobe lights?

no but there is lots of big bean bags lol

some very fit 20 and 30 yo ladies very nice

Hmmmm; i may check the next one me thinks!!:p

• Advertisement

Folks, the next Funky Seomra is tonight, Friday 13th in Meeting House Square in Temple Bar from about 8/8.30 onwards (the roof will be covered in case it rains) Hopefully it'll be a good night :D

Advertisement