Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Halligan to join Labour??

• 25-06-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

lots of speculation at the moment that J Halligan is about to join the party that he has spent 30 years criticising!!

apparently he's currently in "negotiations" to get the nod for the bye-election!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Sure he is a Politician...Today i wear a blue coat tomorrow a red one. I change to my environment to suit!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Not surprised one bit really at this. Once he left the Workers Party, I knew it would only be a matter of time before he would join Labour. He spent the best part of a decade down the council crticising the Pact while a WP councillor and then joined it to secure the top job. A careerist if ever there was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Knows that if he ran for the by election as an independent he wouldn't have a hope of winning a Dail seat but with the Labour ticket he would get more support but unless Brian O'Shea does not run in the next general election I cannot see him getting in as Waterford traditionally vote 2 FF, 1 FG and 1 Labour. This could change with Coffey taking the seat vacated by Cullen status quo for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Odats wrote: »
    Knows that if he ran for the by election as an independent he wouldn't have a hope of winning a Dail seat but with the Labour ticket he would get more support but unless Brian O'Shea does not run in the next general election I cannot see him getting in as Waterford traditionally vote 2 FF, 1 FG and 1 Labour. This could change with Coffey taking the seat vacated by Cullen status quo for the rest.

How old is Brian O'Shea? I'd say if he runs in the next General Election it will be his last.

Thing with John Halligan is he's a city candidate, and not as well known in the county. At least with that world class moustache he could build up some recognition in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Sure he is a Politician...Today i wear a blue coat tomorrow a red one. I change to my environment to suit!:rolleyes:

To be fair, it's not like he'd be joining the PDs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

lots of speculation at the moment that J Halligan is about to join the party that he has spent 30 years criticising!!

apparently he's currently in "negotiations" to get the nod for the bye-election!

If he does join then, it would say alot about the man. I know in Waterford City he is thought of highly, but outside of the city, i have never heard anyone speak highly of him. Thats not saying they dont.

A look at his Career says it all. As a member of the Workers Party he did not want to know about pacts which are inportant today in politics. As soon as he feels that he could become Mayor of the city he leaves the party and after coasting to victory in the local elections in 2009 is elected mayor. Now if his term is not up yet, (It will soon), there is talks about him joinging another party. I know before anyone says anything he would not be the first to jump ships to try and better him or her self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Deise Tom wrote: »
    If he does join then, it would say alot about the man. I know in Waterford City he is thought of highly, but outside of the city, i have never heard anyone speak highly of him. Thats not saying they dont.

A look at his Career says it all. As a member of the Workers Party he did not want to know about pacts which are inportant today in politics. As soon as he feels that he could become Mayor of the city he leaves the party and after coasting to victory in the local elections in 2009 is elected mayor. Now if his term is not up yet, (It will soon), there is talks about him joinging another party. I know before anyone says anything he would not be the first to jump ships to try and better him or her self.

I'll go on record here. I think he's a fcuken prick!

(the above opinion is that of gscully, and not of boards.ie) ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement