Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wordpress 3.0

Options
  • 25-06-2010 4:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just installed it and it's great. Lots of nice new touches - I'm especially liking the new standard theme "Twenty Ten" so much better than the old one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

The new theme is pretty good I agree, customisable enough tbf

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Menus are good too. You can manage multiple blogs from the one place which is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'm quite interested in the new 'custom post types' which really opens up Wordpress to be used as a real CMS. Anyone played with them.

They seem a little tricky to setup and use, but potentially very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

p wrote: »
    I'm quite interested in the new 'custom post types' which really opens up Wordpress to be used as a real CMS. Anyone played with them.

They seem a little tricky to setup and use, but potentially very powerful.
    There is a Custom Post Type UI plugin that could make it easier (it doesn't work for me - redirects me to login page when I save).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

p wrote: »
    I'm quite interested in the new 'custom post types' which really opens up Wordpress to be used as a real CMS.
    Cool, I'm guessing some cool themes/templates will come out that take advantage of this..

• Advertisement

Guys can anyone tell me how to reduce the font size on the TwentyTen theme? I think its a bit too big but cannot work out where to change it. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys can anyone tell me how to reduce the font size on the TwentyTen theme? I think its a bit too big but cannot work out where to change it. thanks
    In /wp-content/themes/twentyten/style.css. For the article body:
    #content,
    #content input,
    #content textarea {
    	color: #333;
    	[b]font-size: 16px;[/b]
    	line-height: 24px;
    }

For the post titles:
    #content .entry-title {
    	color: #000;
    	[b]font-size: 21px;[/b]
    	line-height: 1.3em;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    }

Thanks for that, much better now :)

I found an interesting plugin: http://www.callum-macdonald.com/code/wp-random-header/ which lets you have a random selection of images appear in your header each time you refresh. I cannot get it to work though it totally crashed my whole site.

If anyone sees any interesting links relation to Wordpress 3 please let us know!

Advertisement