Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 25-06-2010 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

can anyone tell me is it possible to get skype on 02 mobile phones:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes you can download the the app from the skype website. It will see a data connection which will cost you 99cent a day for the days that you use it on pay as you go, go you can get a data addon for billpay which is €7.50 a month.

They dont have a skype service like 3HI have.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

forgetful1 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me is it possible to get skype on 02 mobile phones:confused:

As far as I know if you have a phone that has wireless e.g Nokia N phone and can connect to wireless lan you can use skype, but I could be wrong. This way I dont think you need to incur the data charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

scholes wrote: »
    As far as I know if you have a phone that has wireless e.g Nokia N phone and can connect to wireless lan you can use skype, but I could be wrong. This way I dont think you need to incur the data charge.

You are correct yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭forgetful1

Davy wrote: »
    Yes you can download the the app from the skype website. It will see a data connection which will cost you 99cent a day for the days that you use it on pay as you go, go you can get a data addon for billpay which is €7.50 a month.

They dont have a skype service like 3HI have.
    would it work on a nokia e52 which is the type i have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yes it works on E52. If you dont alreay have skype then go to http://store.ovi.com/ and get skype. Its a free apps. You can also directly select ovi store from your phone and install the app.

Alternatively you can try fring (www.fring.com).

I have E52 and both Skype and fring works fine. Note that they both use data connection, sometime voice quality may not be good on 3G but works well on wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

I would advise using Skype more than Fring or Nimbuzz, as Fring & Nimbuzz add a bit of extra lag onto the phone (v small in fairness) but try and stick with Skype

Advertisement