Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of date ham

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I had a similar issue with Tesco over smoked salmon that was purchased off the clearance shelf.

When I got home I noticed that the vacuum seal was pierced, I returned it within 30 minutes with receipt. The customer service manager tried to accuse me of damaging the packet, he then backed down when I told him it was taken from the clearance shelf and told me that was the reason why it was discounted.

I warned him that this was illegal and as soon as I mentioned the FSA they were very prompt to give me the full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Wow, this thread is amazing to see what SHOULD happen.

A while back, I bought a pack fresh cakes in Supervalu. They looked mighty fine, and they were served after dinner. Didnt realize, that underneath, every one of them was completely green with thick mould. One girl had bitten into one, and bokked out when she got the taste.

Supervalue told me it had nothing to do with them, and I should take it up with the bakery. They wouldnt even give the money for them back, and seemed to be quite annoyed that I had even raised the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Archeron wrote: »

A while back, I bought a pack fresh cakes in Supervalu. They looked mighty fine, and they were served after dinner. Didnt realize, that underneath, every one of them was completely green with thick mould. One girl had bitten into one, and bokked out when she got the taste.

Supervalue told me it had nothing to do with them, and I should take it up with the bakery. They wouldnt even give the money for them back, and seemed to be quite annoyed that I had even raised the point.

OMG :eek: Definitely Supervalu's responsibility as the retailer. No way do you have to go back to the manufacturer - your contract was with Supervalu who sold you the product. Did you speak to the manager? I'd be so mad I'd nearly go back to them again now and/or write a letter to head office. Probably a bit late in the day but I'd want to vent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Archeron wrote: »

That was probably down to the inexperienced manager that worked in the store. I would have gone above him and reported it to their head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Domscard wrote: »
    OMG :eek: Definitely Supervalu's responsibility as the retailer. No way do you have to go back to the manufacturer - your contract was with Supervalu who sold you the product. Did you speak to the manager? I'd be so mad I'd nearly go back to them again now and/or write a letter to head office. Probably a bit late in the day but I'd want to vent.

Yes, it was the store manager I spoke with, but she wanted nothing to do with it. She was really dismissive to me and barely even looked at me while I was speaking to her.

Ah well, you live and learn!

• Advertisement
Advertisement