Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

anyone recommend good 1 player games.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Batman: Arkham Asylum

I was fairly skeptical at first, as its not usually the type of game I'd go for at all, but its actually a masterpiece. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

BAsed on this thread alone I'm going buying batman tomorrow. I'm also a big fan of single player games, in a similar manner to the OP, but also because i'm not a fan of playing online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 guitarfan

Fallout 3

Red Dead Redemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

More votes from me for:

Dead Space
    Alan Wake (Once or twice you've got NPCs with you, but it's still worth it)
    Assassins Creed 2
    Portal (The Orange Box includes this, but often have NPCs or multiplayer in the other games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Portal :-S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd say try Mass Effect. The npcs with you are actually fairly handy and never in the way, neither are they necessary.
    Dead Space,
    The Orange Box,
    Alan Wake,
    Batman:AA.

All well worth it. And I enjoy a good single player experience with good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I picked up Singularity last week, the opening of the game is a bit slow but it really picks up an hour or two in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Alan Wake, play it with the lights off and soak up the atmosphere. Has its flaws but its still a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, Red dead redemption as said, but more importantly JUST CAUSE 2!! I can't stop playing it, everything else seems so boring in comparison, I mean where else can you jump from a fast moving car which crashes and explodes 2 secs later, escape by parachute and grappling hook from one side of the map to the other. Then there's all the vehicles and proper jets (which is what I miss most from GTA) aswell as grappling hook onto a helicopter, then you've to fight your way inside (more realistic, although physics has it's very slight glitches). Overall I was very impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Suit Up

Wez wrote: »
    Yeh, Red dead redemption as said, but more importantly JUST CAUSE 2!! I can't stop playing it, everything else seems so boring in comparison, I mean where else can you jump from a fast moving car which crashes and explodes 2 secs later, escape by parachute and grappling hook from one side of the map to the other. Then there's all the vehicles and proper jets (which is what I miss most from GTA) aswell as grappling hook onto a helicopter, then you've to fight your way inside (more realistic, although physics has it's very slight glitches). Overall I was very impressed!

Playing JC2 at the moment, and while it's enjoyable, there are a few things that annoy me. I don't like the combat system at all at all for a start. The map is too big too, getting from A to B at the start is a pain in the arse. They could really have done something like RDR, where you can buy a map for a specific place, so that you can fast travel there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Orange Box
    Ninga Gaiden 2
    Oblivion

i found Mass Effect to be very short. i got through it in no length. oblivion and ninja gaiden are good long games. also if you got ninja gaiden black for original xbox (it works for 360), it took me ages to finish that game but it is easily one of the best games imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Red Dead Redemption
    GTA IV
    Crackdown
    Dead Rising
    Dead Space
    Just Cause 2
    Mercenaries 2

Just a few of my favourites all of which have great single player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Suit Up wrote: »
    Playing JC2 at the moment, and while it's enjoyable, there are a few things that annoy me. I don't like the combat system at all at all for a start. The map is too big too, getting from A to B at the start is a pain in the arse. They could really have done something like RDR, where you can buy a map for a specific place, so that you can fast travel there.

Know what ya mean, but I love just messing around with the grappling hook to make it more fun, hanging people from buildings, tie them to a car, tie them together, or stand on the bonnet and grapple as you fly past. So much you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

+1 for The Orange Box and +1 for Mirror's Edge.

Portal from The Orange Box is fun but short and I started Mirror's Edge at the weekend and it's a refreshing change. I love the block clean colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 UALacrosse

Mass Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Condemned 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

orange box!
    has to be best value(5 games in 1)
    hard to find but worth seeking out used copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

punk77 wrote: »
    orange box!
    has to be best value(5 games in 1)
    hard to find but worth seeking out used copy.
    I can confirm that this game is not available new or used in Galway city. Oh how I have tried to get my hands on a cheap used copy. Would prefer that than having to buy online.

I can confirm that this game is not available new or used in Galway city. Oh how I have tried to get my hands on a cheap used copy. Would prefer that than having to buy online.

Already had it on PC but picked up used copy in Game on Eglington St for 19.99 last Saturday:D Sorry but i guess that means i got the last copy in Galway.Worth every cent and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I didn't look too hard so you can probably get it cheaper than this again 15.41(EUR)
    new with free delivery.

http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/games/platforms/xbox-360/half-life-2-orange-box/8631189.html

Oops didn't see the requirement for offline only purchase.

• Advertisement

machalla wrote: »
    I didn't look too hard so you can probably get it cheaper than this again 15.41(EUR)
    new with free delivery.

http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/games/platforms/xbox-360/half-life-2-orange-box/8631189.html

Oops didn't see the requirement for offline only purchase.

Im quite happy to have it for 19.99 with no hassle. Actually consider it a stroke of luck.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Well at least someone got it in Galway. I started looking a few weeks back after a bargain alert for it in xtravision all over the country for a fiver (used). Checked all shops, but also knew that I could get it delivered new from sendit @ €16. Thats my last resort. I already have / finished it on PC, but my OH would really like to play portal on the XBox360.

Well found though, don't know would I pay more for a used copy when I can get it new for less, but under a tenner, thats the job.

Advertisement