Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtreme cage fighting: Top Pro Kilkenny

• 25-06-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey Guys
    Top Pro Kilkenny will be running a annual fundraiser pro/semi pro mma event . The event will be held on the 18th September in O'laughlin Gauls sports hall kilkenny. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AVAILABLE FIGHTERS.Any club interested in putting fighters on this event please contact me through this thread or email me on [email]tuffnutpromotions@gmail.com/top.pro.kilkenny.mma@gmail.com[/email]

Thanks

Myles Price

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Magic M wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    Top Pro Kilkenny will be running a annual fundraiser pro/semi pro mma event . The event will be held on the 18th September in O'laughlin Gauls sports hall kilkenny. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AVAILABLE FIGHTERS.Any club interested in putting fighters on this event please contact me through this thread or email me on [email]tuffnutpromotions@gmail.com/top.pro.kilkenny.mma@gmail.com[/email]

Thanks

Myles Price

F**K OFF and Change the name, things are getting too Xtreme around here! ha ha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

mikey1 wrote: »
    F**K OFF and Change the name, things are getting too Xtreme around here! ha ha :D

Lol. Yeah I agree :)

I have had Xtreme on the posters for the last 3 Cage Contender events. Are the 2 "Xtreme" brands in the deep south related (could that be the sound of banjo playing) ?

Joking aside good luck with the shows lads

fightie wrote: »
    Lol. Yeah I agree :)

I have had Xtreme on the posters for the last 3 Cage Contender events. Are the 2 "Xtreme" brands in the deep south related (could that be the sound of banjo playing) ?

Joking aside good luck with the shows lads

The idea to organise a show and choose a name for it is not a business idea written out on the back of a beer mat on a bleery eyed monday as you would imagine :), you obviously want a good name for your show which in effect is your brand that your promoting. Not sure when you first had "xtreme" on your poster john but if I chose to have a name like THE cage Contenders or The ultimate cage contenders you would be pissed to say the least :) so I wouldnt go down that road with anyone as your creating the brand name to have an original name that people recognise and can distinguish from the rest , or in this case myles if I choose to have Tuffest Nutt promotions or Even Tuffer Nutt promotions, you may be like WTF? ( thats "what the F**K" for new internet users :D) so to choose a name that is almost identical is somewhat laking in originality and a blatant disregard for other event names which is ignorant to say the least and so that is why I would ask to change the name. Hope this answers your question on related john, I thought paul was joking when he said he was going to use that name to me in the gym the other day.

Tell Paul to have a look at these, and maybe take it into consideration myley, thanks :D
    Top Pro Cage Fighting, Top Pro Cage Kilkenny, Top Pro Rage in the Cage, Cage Rage Kilkenny, (Probably from a different show sorry) Top Pro Cage Contenders(just kiddin there)but you get the idea there are loads to choose from.

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

so to choose a name that is almost identical is somewhat laking in originality and a blatant disregard for other event names which is ignorant to say the least

I totally agree Mick, It just breeds bad feeling for all concerned

Hope this answers your question on related john, I thought paul was joking when he said he was going to use that name to me in the gym the other day.
    lol.... I sortta knew the answer and was just poking fun :D

Top Pro Cage Contenders(just kiddin there)
    Mick
    Tut, Tut, Tut........... Thats it Mick your off the Xmas card list :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Personally i feel highlighting terms such as "cage" and especially "Xtreme" seems like trying to attract a bad crowd and in my humble opinion gives off a bad vibe of what MMA is, like the UFC in the early day's and very like Cage Rage.

not what i want MMA to be, i'd prefer to try get real fans of martial arts in than lads coming to see a row!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kk storm

The idea to organise a show and choose a name for it is not a business idea written out on the back of a beer mat on a bleery eyed monday as you would imagine :), you obviously want a good name for your show which in effect is your brand that your promoting. Not sure when you first had "xtreme" on your poster john but if I chose to have a name like THE cage Contenders or The ultimate cage contenders you would be pissed to say the least :) so I wouldnt go down that road with anyone as your creating the brand name to have an original name that people recognise and can distinguish from the rest , or in this case myles if I choose to have Tuffest Nutt promotions or Even Tuffer Nutt promotions, you may be like WTF? ( thats "what the F**K" for new internet users :D) so to choose a name that is almost identical is somewhat laking in originality and a blatant disregard for other event names which is ignorant to say the least and so that is why I would ask to change the name. Hope this answers your question on related john, I thought paul was joking when he said he was going to use that name to me in the gym the other day.

Tell Paul to have a look at these, and maybe take it into consideration myley, thanks :D
    Top Pro Cage Fighting, Top Pro Cage Kilkenny, Top Pro Rage in the Cage, Cage Rage Kilkenny, (Probably from a different show sorry) Top Pro Cage Contenders(just kiddin there)but you get the idea there are loads to choose from.

Mick
    Mick you train in top pro, you've been in my classes grow a pair of balls and come tell me your self !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

cowzerp wrote: »
    Personally i feel highlighting terms such as "cage" and especially "Xtreme" seems like trying to attract a bad crowd and in my humble opinion gives off a bad vibe of what MMA is, like the UFC in the early day's and very like Cage Rage.

not what i want MMA to be, i'd prefer to try get real fans of martial arts in than lads coming to see a row!
    fully agree, i still cringe when i think about what WEC stands for.

cowzerp wrote: »

Top Pro has been promoting world class kickboxing shows for over 15 years now in kilkenny and has generated a huge fan base of "real martial arts fans" for both the club and it fighters and has competed on sky sports, eurosport, ESPN and has coached many world, eurpean, and national professional and amature champions and in the short time we have been involved in mma we have turned out some pretty decent fighters some of which have already had success in kickboxng/k1/thai and have crossed over(we are not new to promoting), we dont pormote outside kilkenny and are only interested in show casing our fighters to there home crowd when promoting and hope not to lose money in doing so and if the club makes a few quit then thats a bounas, Extreme cage fighting is the name of the show top Pro promotions is holding and is the first MMA/Gage show in the county, MMA/Gage fighting is in itself an "extreme" sport, it's in a "Cage" for the first time in kilkenny and the "fighting" part is obvious, so the name EXTREME CAGE FIGHTING is the best name for Top Pro promotions to use for its first MMA even, it does exactly what it says on the tin,
    I'm really sorry if this upsets people outside kk because "SOME" of the words are the same as other shows, i put a long list of names together over a year ago and googel'd them and most of them were already used, some only over seas , some i will use in future shows for both kickboxing and MMA Events, Here are the names of some of my past shows which were hugh events with names that suited the event at the time and people have used since !!! LORDS OF THE RING - HELL - REDEMPTION - WAR OF THE CELTS - RAGE - RESURRECTION

sorry for the long rant !!!! i will try to be more original with event name's in the future and hope this helps people sleep tonight,

Paul Cummins
    Kilkenny Top Pro
    martial arts club

I think everybody needs to take a nice deep breath and calm down.

Hopefully the show will do great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wayno

Hey Guys

Thanks

Myles Price

BEST OF LUCK :)

http://www.waynefaganbjj.com/

kk storm wrote: »
    Mick you train in top pro, you've been in my classes grow a pair of balls and come tell me your self !!!!

Honestly like, the reason i havent been able to make it down the gym since to talk to you was because im afraid :rolleyes:

All the talking is done now, goodluck with your show.

I'm really sorry if this upsets people outside kk because "SOME" of the words are the same as other shows,

As seen as you quoted me!

I don't care if its used on millions of shows-i just think its portraying MMA in a bad way and i have no problem saying it to other promoters either so don't take it to heart-I'm interested to know whats so Xtreme about it anyway!

Let's be honest here-your trying to use sensationalist words to attract people in to see row's who otherwise would not even look at your poster-short term thinking in my eyes but i suppose it all depends what your aim is, to Build MMA or to Fill Cage fighting events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

Well, it is "extreme", "fighting" and it is held in a cage.
    No matter what you call an MMA event you will always attract some bad press and lets face it a lot of MMA "fans" are di*kheads. Can't be helped.

Wow. Who Cares what the show is called at this point. As long as the fights are good people will come out and support regardless of what Paul, Mick, Diarmuid, Myles, Ray and the rest of the Top Pro Kilkenny crew call the event.

Its Friday let's all have a pint and chill out.

EnjoyChoke wrote: »
    Well, it is "extreme", "fighting" and it is held in a cage.
    No matter what you call an MMA event you will always attract some bad press and lets face it a lot of MMA "fans" are di*kheads. Can't be helped.

Sadly every sport attracts a few douchebags. Look at some of the riots that happen at non-Combat Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Sadly every sport attracts a few douchebags. Look at some of the riots that happen at non-Combat Sports.

I agree but we do seem to get more than our fair share.

EnjoyChoke wrote: »
    I agree but we do seem to get more than our fair share.

I think its only because its the "In" thing at the moment. Most of these douchebags will get bored of it and move on after awhile.

Honestly like, the reason i havent been able to make it down the gym since to talk to you was because im afraid :rolleyes:

All the talking is done now, goodluck with your show.

Mick the reason u have not been down to the gym is because u were told to start paying your way !!!

Mick the reason u have not been down to the gym is because u were told to start paying your way !!!

I wouldnt even bother with a civilized answer to that rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

why xtreme instead of extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

why xtreme instead of extreme.
    Long story short:
    xtreme>>>extreme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

xtreme is not in the dictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=xtreme
    Here ya go.
    I believe definition 6 is the intended use.

Are you going to tell Randy he shouldn't call his gym Xtreme Couture because xtreme is not in the dictionary?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

an x used at the start of a word such as this is pronounced as a "z" as in xylophone.

So maybe the promoters are trying to promote Zetreme Fighting, so, y'know, give them a break. I for one would love to go see some Zetreme fighting.

an x used at the start of a word such as this is pronounced as a "z" as in xylophone.

So maybe the promoters are trying to promote Zetreme Fighting, so, y'know, give them a break. I for one would love to go see some Zetreme fighting.
    Actually i think it would cause the word to become one sylabal,
    Pronunciation ZTREME

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Actually i think it would cause the word to become one sylabal,
    Pronunciation ZTREME
    Yes you could be right. I've just tried saying that quickly and it sounds like I'm spitting something out though. I don't think that's what the promoters had in mind.

The other alternative is that there's a given mathematical value for x in the name, and we have to work it out. But now this conversation is becoming more and more abstract so I'm going to stop.

Myles abruptly put an end to Bob KK's garbage.

• Advertisement

Allegation deleted and poster has been banned-this is not what this forum is all about-if someone has real issues that need raising that's fine but please keep to facts and have the decency to say who you are so it's not just someone making up allegations that does not have to answer to them.

i would not have permanent banned a regular poster for this as they would not have joined just to run someone down so this is more sinister.

"Do not feed the trolls"

Back on topic which is this....

Hey Guys
    Top Pro Kilkenny will be running a annual fundraiser pro/semi pro mma event . The event will be held on the 18th September in O'laughlin Gauls sports hall kilkenny. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AVAILABLE FIGHTERS.Any club interested in putting fighters on this event please contact me through this thread or email me on [email]tuffnutpromotions@gmail.com/top.pro.....mma@gmail.com[/email]

Thanks

Myles Price

Agreed Mikey. Let's get this thread back on track. Hopefully Myles and/or Paul will give us an updated card when they finalize the card.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Next poster to post some defamatory sh*t, gets.
    1. a life time ban
    2. any promotion they are involved with, life time ban

If you think i'm kidding, search for MCD who, I might point out, are a lot bigger then all of you put together.

Play nice, or you wont play at all. *insert cheesey grin to make us all happy again*.

Back on topic.

DeV.

ps: **tag** Cowzerp, you're back in .... (do you see what I did there? :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

Hey Guys looking for the match ups on the 18th sep kilkenny email or ring me back if you have anyone available and want to discuss purse fees which will be very reasonable.......................

A Class

Richard Gorey 73kg 5-1

B Class

Ian Oneill 58kg Debut
    Dan Cullen 65.8kg 1-1
    Zbynek Pistek 93 plus heavyweight debut
    Mihai Fiskow 65.8kg Debut
    Mick Brennan 70kg Debut
    Brendan Mcgarry 70kg 0-1

C Class

Paul Donoughue 77kg 0-4
    Ben Moore 77kg Debut
    Rafal Radochonski 70kg debut

I should get back into training. :(

• Advertisement

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Dan Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Brendan Oshea (Middleton Martial Arts) 65.8kg Featherweight

Semi Professional

Phillip Zuzanak (Kilkenny Top Pro) v Kieran O’Donnell 77kg welterweight
    Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) v Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg featherweight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) v Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg featherweight

Is that a Teenage fight?

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Dan Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Brendan Oshea (Midleton Fight Academy) 65.8kg Featherweight

That's the gym name....sounds way cooler eh :D

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard"Boom Boom"Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Hugh"The Quiet man"Brady (PHK) 70kg lightweight

Dan Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Brendan Oshea (Middleton Martial Arts) 65.8kg Featherweight

Semi Professional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Has the Zuzanak v O'Donnell been postponed? Or will they be fighting each other on Boiling point and on the KK card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard"Boom Boom"Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Hugh"The Quiet man"Brady (PHK) 70kg lightweight
    t

how in the hell will richard make 70kg?? he's a monster! must be losing a lot of muscle mass.

da-bres wrote: »
    how in the hell will richard make 70kg?? he's a monster! must be losing a lot of muscle mass.
    Yeah thats gonna be an interesting weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

Yeah thats gonna be an interesting weigh in.
    I walk around at 80-82kg. Body fat at around 15-16%. I need to lose probably about 4 kg n then cut about 6.5kg. Not too absurd really!

Gorey_R wrote: »
    I walk around at 80-82kg. Body fat at around 15-16%. I need to lose probably about 4 kg n then cut about 6.5kg. Not too absurd really!

Its a pretty tough cut richie. I walk around about the same weight as you and am a little bit smaller(not much though). The only time in my life ive been able to make 70 was my 1st fight back from greece where i caught swine flu and dropped serious weight as a result. Although My next fight will be at 77 itll be my last there. Im moving to 73 then 70 over the next year(the plan was originally to do this to avoid monsters like yourself at WW ha). Hope the cut goes well. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Gorey_R wrote: »

Hope it goes well Richard, it will be an exciting fight!

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard"Boom Boom"Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter "Slam" Duncan (Chum Sut) 70kg lightweight

Semi Professional

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard"Boom Boom"Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter "Slam" Duncan (Chum Sut) 73kg catchweight

Semi Professional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

Is that a Teenage fight?

Sure is

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard “Boom Boom” Gorey V Peter “Slam” Duncan 73kg catchweight

Ian Oneil (KIlkenny Top Pro) V Shane Mare (Tuatha De Denann) 60kg
    catchweight

Dan Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V TBC 65.8kg Featherweight

Semi Professional

Paul Donoughue (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Kieran O’Donnell 77kg welterweight

Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg featherweight

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard “Boom Boom” Gorey V Peter “Slam” Duncan 73kg catchweight

Ian Oneil (KIlkenny Top Pro) V Shane Mare (Tuatha De Denann) 60kg
    catchweight

Dan Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V TBC 65.8kg Featherweight

Mihai Fiskow (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Alan Philpot(IMMA) 61kg bantomweight

Semi Professional

Paul Donoughue (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Kieran O’Donnell 77kg welterweight

Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg featherweight

Sean David(Wexford Warriors) V Andrew Murphy(Waterford MMA) 73kg catchweight

• Advertisement
Advertisement