Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtreme cage fighting: Top Pro Kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

Sean David v Andy Murphy should be a good fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard “Boom Boom” Gorey V Peter “Slam” Duncan 73kg catchweight

Ian Oneil (KIlkenny Top Pro) V Shane Mare (Tuatha De Denann) 60kg
    catchweight

Dan Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V TBC 65.8kg Featherweight

Mihai Fiskow (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Alan Philpot(IMMA) 61kg bantomweight

Semi Professional

Paul Donoughue (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Kieran O’Donnell 77kg welterweight

Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg featherweight

Sean David(Wexford Warriors) V Andrew Murphy(Waterford MMA) 73kg catchweight

D Class

Ben Moore (Kilkenny Top Pro) V James Mc Clarron (PHK) 77kg welterweight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Sean David v Andy Murphy should be a good fight.

Andy by SMASH rd 1:D

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard “Boom Boom” Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter “Slam” Duncan (Chum Sut) 73kg Catchweight

Ian “Massive” Oneil (KIlkenny Top Pro) V Shane Mare (Tuatha De Denann) 60kg Catchweight

Mihai “Menace” Fiskow (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Alan Phillpot (IMMA) 61kg Bantomweight

Semi Professional

Dan “The Mangler” Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 68kg Catchweight

Zybnek “Big Z” Pistek (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Carl Moore (PCCB) 93 plus Heavyweight

Paul “Chopper” Donoughue (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Kieran O’Donnell 77kg Welterweight

Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg Featherweight

Sean David(Wexford Warriors) V Andrew Murphy(Waterford MMA) 73kg Catchweight

D Class

Ben Moore (Kilkenny Top Pro) V James Mc Clarron (PHK)

What are the rules for D class?

TTT for D class rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

TTT for D class rules.
    Pretty much League rules AFAIK.No head strikes.
    Not sure how long they go for though

Pretty much League rules AFAIK.No head strikes.
    Not sure how long they go for though

Balls. Was kinda hoping it would be C class with sparring gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Balls. Was kinda hoping it would be C class with sparring gloves.
    Think There was something like that that was called D class and is used in some shows in Derry (had sparring gloves and shin pads IIRC). Then again that could be whats being used here and the league rules are E class...........I get really confused by the rules in this country at times :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

As things stand right now, D class is head shots standing and padded gear, shins, gloves etc, and in some cases head guards-E is amateur leagues, some people still use the old classes so i cant comment on this show.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

There's an article about KTP and the O'Loughlin Gaels show in this weeks Kilkenny Advertiser. It just came through my mail box.

XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard “Boom Boom” Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter “Slam” Duncan (Chum Sut) 73kg Catchweight

Ian “Massive” Oneil (KIlkenny Top Pro) V Shane Mare (Tuatha De Denann) 60kg Catchweight

Mihai “Menace” Fiskow (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Alan Phillpot (IMMA) 61kg Bantomweight

Semi Professional

Mick “Basher” Brennen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter Quealey (Waterford MMA) 73kg Catchweight

Dan “The Mangler” Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 68kg Catchweight

Zybnek “Big Z” Pistek (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Carl Moore (PCCB) 93 plus Heavyweight

Paul “Chopper” Donoughue (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Kieran O’Donnell 77kg Welterweight

Ger Teehan (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg Featherweight

Sean David(Wexford Warriors) V Andrew Murphy(Waterford MMA) 73kg Catchweight

D Class

Ben Moore (Kilkenny Top Pro) V James Mc Clarron (PHK) 77kg Welterweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OLDWARRIOR

ok people just looked in the kilkenny paper myles price is the main event!is this the case or is it just rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Who are you fighting Myles?? not overly impressed with the other fights but I'll go to watch your fight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Gorey and duncan will be an excellent fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

OLDWARRIOR wrote: »
    ok people just looked in the kilkenny paper myles price is the main event!is this the case or is it just rumours?
    No this is def just a rumour (lol don't believe all you see in the press)

bolloxs that , The Kilkenny People artical said it quite clearly thet Myles Price is the main event, wonder how they got that so wrong?

Thanks for the kind words Chris I'm glad you would be interested in watching me fight especially with your knowledge in Mma. Just out of curiosity what,who and why does this fight card not overly impress you?? Also the article does say I'm fighting the main event and is a mistake they rewrite
    These articles in ther own words and must have read it wrong, apologies.

Magic M wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words Chris I'm glad you would be interested in watching me fight especially with your knowledge in Mma. Just out of curiosity what,who and why does this fight card not overly impress you?? Also the article does say I'm fighting the main event and is a mistake they rewrite
    ok lads if mistake it happens once,but twice myles???misleading the public will just bring more problems than its worth!

Well Myles I like fights that have a good stand up fighter in them as you know I aint a MMA fighter was a Kickboxer and I enjoy watching fights that have an element of that not just completly ground work. So I stick to what I know I like best and watch MMA bout with a good Mix, I enjoy fighters like Ben Davis,Tim Murphy and of course Vinny DiRuscio

• Advertisement

ok lads if mistake it happens once,but twice myles???misleading the public will just bring more problems than its worth!

In case you haven't noticed Myles has been very straight forward with the fight card on here and he's not even on the posters for the event so I don't know where you're getting off claiming Myles is misleading the public.

Start trouble somewhere else.

Well Myles I like fights that have a good stand up fighter in them as you know I aint a MMA fighter was a Kickboxer and I enjoy watching fights that have an element of that not just completly ground work. So I stick to what I know I like best and watch MMA bout with a good Mix, I enjoy fighters like Ben Davis,Tim Murphy and of course Vinny DiRuscio
    Fair enough, thats an honest opinion, but quote 'not overly impressed with the other fights' end quote is a bit of an overstatment considering i have organised the fight card and have never had any complaints from anyone on my match making and the quality of the fights produced from it, I match make as well as i possibly can for the pure mma fans, give them the fights they want to see and in result leads to a healthier future for irish mma, no offence chris but im at almost every event in ireland or chating about it with promoters and never heard of you on irish mma forums or turning up at events so you cant judge on what and what isnt an impressive card because you dont know the fighters and seen them fight. Every fight on this card is an exciting match and cant wait to see them myself ther are top guys fighting on this event from all over ireland considering also i train 50 percent of the guys fighting on the event from top pro!:) which note is a stand up club as you know and has produced in my opinion great stand up mma fighters and all arounders which will be displayed on the night. On a higher note I hope to see you ther and enjoy the event if you do!

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed Myles has been very straight forward with the fight card on here and he's not even on the posters for the event so I don't know where you're getting off claiming Myles is misleading the public.

Took the words outta me! Couldnt have puttin better myself John;)

Took the words outta me! Couldnt have puttin better myself John;)

Thanks Myles. :)

ok lads settle down here,i asked a question straight up and got an answer!i think it would be great to see myles fight in kilkenny,as i said its printed in a paper i dont write for,so i would like to apoligse for any upset caused!:cool:

Seem my comment was taken wrong and I appologise for my comment, I ment no disrespect to the fighters on the card, I spoke as a martial arts fan and havent seen the fighters in action in Kickboxing as thats what I enjoy and apreciate most not saying I dont apreciate a technical ground fight also , I have seen Myles fight and I know what to expect from a Myles Price fight , and thats a fight I will enjoy to watch.

So before people start jumping on this saying its Dragons Lair putting down Top Pro event , it was my oppinion and my name is beside it for all to see and I answered back Myles question with my views and honest answers not the views of one club against another.

Good Luck with your show and your future fights as always Myles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Seem my comment was taken wrong and I appologise for my comment, I ment no disrespect to the fighters on the card, I spoke as a martial arts fan and havent seen the fighters in action in Kickboxing as thats what I enjoy and apreciate most not saying I dont apreciate a technical ground fight also , I have seen Myles fight and I know what to expect from a Myles Price fight , and thats a fight I will enjoy to watch.

So before people start jumping on this saying its Dragons Lair putting down Top Pro event , it was my oppinion and my name is beside it for all to see and I answered back Myles question with my views and honest answers not the views of one club against another.

Good Luck with your show and your future fights as always Myles.
    I don't think Ritchie has ever been in a boring fight, His last fight was a 30 second ko. Can't really say his fight wont be interesting.

Massive has one hell of a chin and has probably taken on of the most flush shots in mma and kept standing(if memory serves fractured his jaw)

Dan Cullen won a kickboxing fighting about two weeks ago by second round ko.

Mick Brennnan has thai experience

Can't really complain there now about non stand up fights.

ok lads settle down here,i asked a question straight up and got an answer!i think it would be great to see myles fight in kilkenny,as i said its printed in a paper i dont write for,so i would like to apoligse for any upset caused!:cool:

You accused Myles of misleading the public twice. The fight card is on this thread for you to actually read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

It honestly took me a while to even comment im so :mad: with the comments made on here by chris d. for 1 he knows very little about most guys on that card and then has the neck to say that he is not overly impressed with the guys on here, then he trys to retract his statement and apologise when he knows he is talking ****e, and says that some people are taking his comment all the wrong way.:confused: This is the Mixed Martial Arts forum on boards not the Kickboxing forum. Go on your Troll adventures elsewhere me thinks!

mikey1 wrote: »
    It honestly took me a while to even comment im so :mad: with the comments made on here by chris d. for 1 he knows very little about most guys on that card and then has the neck to say that he is not overly impressed with the guys on here, then he trys to retract his statement and apologise when he knows he is talking ****e, and says that some people are taking his comment all the wrong way.:confused: This is the Mixed Martial Arts forum on boards not the Kickboxing forum. Go on your Troll adventures elsewhere me thinks!

I'll be happy as long as OLDWARRIOR never posts on a KTP thread again. Too bad we don't know who he is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You accused Myles of misleading the public twice. The fight card is on this thread for you to actually read.
    again i did not write the article in the paper!the person who put it in is mileading the public,and not myles ihow this makes things clear!

does it matter who i am? the fact is i only asked a question and its in the paper!go buy it,maybe then i will be forgiven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 massive69

Who are you fighting Myles?? not overly impressed with the other fights but I'll go to watch your fight .

I think you should save your judgement until you've seen the other fights chris.

mikey1 wrote: »

Hey Mikey1 I have my name besides my comments people know who I am and I have been involved in martial arts, judo,karate,thai boxing and kickboxing for 21 years now so do you want to back up your oppinions with your real name?

massive69 wrote: »
    I think you should save your judgement until you've seen the other fights chris.
    Ha ha jesus Ian could ya not have picked a less suggestive username :pac:

lol @ Raze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 massive69

ha i aint ashamed of who i am!! i know who you are!!!

Lol I'd hope so!

Will be there watching fight dude!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Hey Mikey1 I have my name besides my comments people know who I am and I have been involved in martial arts, judo,karate,thai boxing and kickboxing for 21 years now so do you want to back up your oppinions with your real name?

Chris thats lovely that you have your real name beside your comments it really shows how much of a man you are but this isnt a dick measuring competition, just because you have done 21 years of martial arts it does not constitute you coming on here to be ignorant towards people with your comments, and no I dont have to put my name up here,- because im afraid youll beat me up :rolleyes:. I dont have to "Back Up my Opinions" they are mine and I am well entitled to them as are anyone else on here just as long as they are well within the forum charter which they are. Why would you want to have my real name anyways? :confused:, is it to discredit me as not knowing what ignorance is or that I have not enough experience in martial arts as you to make such comments towards you :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sugalumps

hey guys i have recently moved to ireland from texas in the u.s and im living in the kilkenny area im interested in competeing in mma i have a good base in collegiate wrestling from high school and as you guys say a wee bit from college i would love to know from you guys about were i could start training i hear kilkenny has a great back ground in kickboxing and would love to improve my stand up so get back to me pls thanks you guys

sugalumps wrote: »
    hey guys i have recently moved to ireland from texas in the u.s and im living in the kilkenny area im interested in competeing in mma i have a good base in collegiate wrestling from high school and as you guys say a wee bit from college i would love to know from you guys about were i could start training i hear kilkenny has a great back ground in kickboxing and would love to improve my stand up so get back to me pls thanks you guys

Welcome to Ireland sugalumps. Top Pro Kilkenny is located on Dean Street Kilkenny and has MMA classes on Tues and Thurs 8:30-10 and Kickboxing duirng the week as well.

thanks alot for the reply johnmc1 does two guys called vinny something sorry cant remember his last name its french or italian or something and a paul cummings train in this top pro kilkenny i hear they are kickboxing legends around these parts this is just what i have heard when i asked about the mma

thanks alot for the reply johnmc1 does two guys called vinny something sorry cant remember his last name its french or italian or something and a paul cummings train in this top pro kilkenny i hear they are kickboxing legends around these parts this is just what i have heard when i asked about the mma

Paul Cummins is head of Top Pro Kilkenny. Vinny Di Russio is no longer part of Top Pro.

Paul is a former world champion is the stand up mma coach. As John has said Vinny is no longer part of top pro. The club is a great group of lads. Come on down you'll enjoy the club and the atmosphere!

Hi sugar lump
    My name is Myles price I'm one of the head trainers in top pro for Mma follow John mc 1 reply for the class times we have many top Mma fighters and champions in the gym and Paul also a Mma coach trained Vinny and currently teaches in our club also we have judo Olympian Richard gorey teaching. Hope to see you soon:)

Myles price
    Contact info:top.pro.Kilkenny.Mma@ gmail.com(will pass on my number and can talk then)

• Advertisement

Mr Lumps sounds like he'd be a asset to any club in Ireland. We need more experienced wrestlers everywhere.

Mr Lumps sounds like he'd be a asset to any club in Ireland. We need more experienced wrestlers everywhere.

Yes he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

we have judo Olympian Richard gorey teaching.
    Just to clarify, it was the youth olympics, not senior. Also, I would quite like if you came down and trained with us.

There was a great article about KTP gym and about the show at O'Loughlin Gaels next Saturday.

thanks alot for all the replys i want to get myself settled in over here guys and get used to the cold brrrr its a bit warmer were i hail from then i can start into training

• Advertisement
Advertisement