Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtreme cage fighting: Top Pro Kilkenny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OLDWARRIOR

vinny dirusso is the current pro european champion so if its stand up he is the man,for mma its got to be myles.plenty of choice in kk,his buddy jp soames is also a pro champion,pierce healy is a thai boxer and also former amature world kickboxing champ theres two many to mention they all train in the dragons lair,but hey enjoy life and take it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Sorry for going off topic here but I just got a phone call telling me the TOP PRO are posting stuff about me on there FACEBOOK as well as some of there members and accusing me of being another user here called old warrior, well I give my permission for the moderators to check my IP addy and see if it matches , I only post on here in my own name unlike other people ok

Thanks in advance and sorry again for off topic but this is the thread I found Old Warrior's comments on

im not chris dowling,but if a person in toppro wants to throw stones!what can you do, people i know have left commets for this person to delete all on facebook,why if your the man you say you are why do this,i came on here to ask a question,got an answer!now all you get is thunder,time for this little boy to grow up!!!!freedom of speech and all that,plus i only gave someone else a piece of info thats all

Thanks for repsonding and proving we are differnt people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

OLDWARRIOR wrote: »
    im not chris dowling,but if a person in toppro wants to throw stones!what can you do, people i know have left commets for this person to delete all on facebook,why if your the man you say you are why do this,i came on here to ask a question,got an answer!now all you get is thunder,time for this little boy to grow up!!!!freedom of speech and all that,plus i only gave someone else a piece of info thats all

You accused Myles of intentionally misleading the public. Ofcourse you're going to get some flak over it. Especially when the proof is staring you right in the face in this very thread. Myles is not on the poster, Myles is not on the event. Myles or anybody from is not misleading anybody.

You obviously have an axe to grind for some reason.

Small minded people stirring ****, Kilkenny has a great pool of tallent in martial arts and as I and Bernie (Chief instrutor of Dragons Lair)offered from the start to let any Top Pro fighters come up for a session of sparring giving them variety in opponents helping everybody grown in the sport. maybe a bit too ambitious to think that clubs can be rivals in sport in the ring and still be friends after all we all grew up together and began under the same instructors Bernie and Peter. But small minded people preferr to try and discredit the respective clubs.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You accused Myles of intentionally misleading the public. Ofcourse you're going to get some flak over it. Especially when the proof is staring you right in the face in this very thread. Myles is not on the poster, Myles is not on the event. Myles or anybody from is not misleading anybody.

You obviously have an axe to grind for some reason.
    if you go back you"ll see its not first time crap has been in the paper about who is who what there doing! no attack was directed at anyone,but again i didnt mean to offend!you seem to be in the know so tell me why vinny dirusso,jp soames,owen doyle ,pierce healy,kane nelson,redzer burke,rory burke the cream of fighters in kk, left toppro.people attacking kk elite kickboxing stars on facebook is sad!Are all toppro members in agreement with this!2004 toppro was formed by paul cummins,pat corbett,pierce healy and diarmuid o sullivan,i trained with all the above and rocky lawlor,tom foley his brother peter and bernie doyle,100000 of mma fights on youtube so i can still be a fan.apologies for going of tread but someone made this personnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If the elite kk stars have left top pro why can I think of 4 title holders in Top pro right now?

Also it's been a long time since soamsie and vinny fought in kickboxing as memory servesh. their latest fights have been mma and then vinny will come down and train with us occaisionaly.

As for the smack talk, they are right to be questionong the calibur of opponent, as you said the lads are european champs and you'd want to see them face opponents of equal calibur. The same way you'd expect Myles to fight people like Cathal Manning, which he has done.

As for Chris, I don't think top pro went onto a thread about your event and said that they're not impressed with the fights without knowing anything about any of the fighters on your card.

If the elite kk stars have left top pro why can I think of 4 title holders in Top pro right now?

Also it's been a long time since soamsie and vinny fought in kickboxing as memory servesh. their latest fights have been mma and then vinny will come down and train with us occaisionaly.

As for the smack talk, they are right to be questionong the calibur of opponent, as you said the lads are european champs and you'd want to see them face opponents of equal calibur. The same way you'd expect Myles to fight people like Cathal Manning, which he has done.

As for Chris, I don't think top pro went onto a thread about your event and said that they're not impressed with the fights without knowing anything about any of the fighters on your card.

Agreed Ray. They want to knock Top Pro and the show but want to play the innocent victim when Top Pro knocks their show. This is not Burger King where you can have it your way. You want to knock a club and its show expect a few knocks back.

If Dragon's Lair is so great let the club and its shows stand on its own two feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 agileninja

here ders top pro lads on dis thing day and night talking themselves up and putting down dragons lair putting stuff up on facebook trying to discredit chris and the dragons lair fighters heres an idea lads why dont ye go get urselfs something to do instead of sitting in front of a computer all day going back and fort at each other both clubs have a show coming up in the next 2 weeks why dont ye go train these fighters ye all love talking about so f*****g much and leave the childish bickering in the school yard

• Advertisement

How convenient a new guy signs up just to post on this thread. :rolleyes: Top Pro didn't post anything about the Dragon's Lair show until Chris and Old Warrior [who is obviously connected to Dragon's Lair] claimed Myles was misleading the public [OW] and was not impressed with the lineup despite only being interested in Kickboxing [Chris] Sounds like the Lair guys have time on their hands. If they want to take shots at the club they should expect some back or DL should just keep their mouths shut.

john i have friends on both sides,but whos the one run back "o i think we are winding chris up"not you,as for childish,i asked a question that is all!but john here just wont get that in his head,im not dragons lair, not toppro,but i know now your only around a wet week!how come no one will say why so many top people left!john i know do you?

manning knocked myles out with a shin kick and the following year fought over 5 rds,yet other people cant improve in this way,look myles is top class,but so to are the lads on the other side,this is all about the sport i hope.not once did chris use names!how would the ikf rep for wales make of all this as sure at some stage there paths will cross!

manning knocked myles out with a shin kick and the following year fought over 5 rds,yet other people cant improve in this way,look myles is top class,but so to are the lads on the other side,this is all about the sport i hope.not once did chris use names!how would the ikf rep for wales make of all this as sure at some stage there paths will cross!
    Indeed he did, I never said he didn't in fact that was the fight I was referring to which proves my point that Myles fights people of high Calibur. I know Soamsie and Vinny and have great time for them, I was there when both won the belts.

I can understand from a marketing point of view why their opponents will be billed as credible challenges, But it would be the same as saying that I'm a credible challenge against Norman Parkes or Cathal Pendrent.

When Vinny and Soamsie fight people of equal Calibur I will happily fork out my money to go support them (e.g. Vinny Di Ruscio V Tommy Mc Cafferty) The opponents they face, Well tbh I'd be shocked if either of the fights last 3 rounds.

As for why people left that is their own business and not to be discussed on the internet on a open forum as it will just turn into a mud slinging contest.

Yes Chris didn't use names he just said the whole card wasn't overally impressive. It is obvious that Chris made a comment bred from ignorance of the fighters on the Top pro card. Of course Top pro are going to be defensive over the statement.

john i have friends on both sides,but whos the one run back "o i think we are winding chris up"not you,as for childish,i asked a question that is all!but john here just wont get that in his head,im not dragons lair, not toppro,but i know now your only around a wet week!how come no one will say why so many top people left!john i know do you?

You didn't just ask a question. You made an accusation. Don't come on here acting like the victim. And since you seem to know my training routine why don't you grow a pair and tell us who you really are.

ur all a bunch of childish bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 13bmoe

sugalumps wrote: »
    hey guys i have recently moved to ireland from texas in the u.s and im living in the kilkenny area im interested in competeing in mma i have a good base in collegiate wrestling from high school and as you guys say a wee bit from college i would love to know from you guys about were i could start training i hear kilkenny has a great back ground in kickboxing and would love to improve my stand up so get back to me pls thanks you guys

Hey sugalump, just seen your post there now.

If I were to give you any advice it would be to go straight to Kilkenny Top Pro. I travel from Wexford 3 times a week to train my stand up and wrestling for MMA here and it has brought my game on considerably, especially the stand up. They have some of the best coaches and fighter around. In my opinion, Paul Cummins is the best stand up coach in the country for MMA, you wont find better. Diarmuid O' Sullivan is also an excellent coach especially for boxing. It has some of the best fighters in the country in Myles Price, Richie Gorey etc so there are no shortage in good spars! Also they have really cool t-shirts!! :D Hope to see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sugalumps

vinny dirusso is the current pro european champion so if its stand up he is the man,for mma its got to be myles.plenty of choice in kk,his buddy jp soames is also a pro champion,pierce healy is a thai boxer and also former amature world kickboxing champ theres two many to mention they all train in the dragons lair,but hey enjoy life and take it easy
    thanks alot old warrior sounds like a good place to train clearly theres alot of drama between both clubs which does not sound to inviteing for new potential fighters i think i should go else where thanks for all the replys tho

agileninja wrote: »
    ur all a bunch of childish bastards

This thread was quite civil until a certain poster came on and wanted to start stuff about Myles misleading the public. You're going to catch Hell for that.
    I don't have a problem with Chris personally but it was silly of him to come on here and say he wasn't impressed with the card. I met Larry McEnroe once and don't have a problem with him either. Never met Bernard.

I'm sure his fighters that he keeps name dropping [Its pretty obvious OW is connected with Dragon's Lair in some way or another]will really appreciate him bringing them into this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Sorry for going off topic but im looking forward to next sat night, should be a great night! :D

13bmoe wrote: »
    Hey sugalump, just seen your post there now.

If I were to give you any advice it would be to go straight to Kilkenny Top Pro. I travel from Wexford 3 times a week to train my stand up and wrestling for MMA here and it has brought my game on considerably, especially the stand up. They have some of the best coaches and fighter around. In my opinion, Paul Cummins is the best stand up coach in the country for MMA, you wont find better. Diarmuid O' Sullivan is also an excellent coach especially for boxing. It has some of the best fighters in the country in Myles Price, Richie Gorey etc so there are no shortage in good spars! Also they have really cool t-shirts!! :D Hope to see you there
    Stylish club we are :D

Tones69 wrote: »
    Sorry for going off topic but im looking forward to next sat night, should be a great night! :D

Yeah let's get this thread back on track. Hopefully the negativity will cease. I don't expect OLD WARRIor to post again since he kind of outed himself in one of his posts to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adamd6636

dats sean davitt myles lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnny forgotton

hey guys heres an idea. why dont you all jump into the ring together in a kinda royal rumble wrestling thing and just try kick the **** out of each other. think of the advantages. a great card that nobody would question and you could finally end all this nonsence.

hey guys heres an idea. why dont you all jump into the ring together in a kinda royal rumble wrestling thing and just try kick the **** out of each other. think of the advantages. a great card that nobody would question and you could finally end all this nonsence.

You mean like this?

• Advertisement

if thats what it takes, then yeah why not. the world has seen some great sporting rivalries, ali/frazier ,borg/mcenroe, man u/man city, hill/schmacher etc etc. all healthy rivalries that made each opponnent raise the bar in their chosen sport higher and higher resulting in the average neutral spectator getting a better show, match etc. so if top pro put on an excellent show, which coincidentially I believe they will, then its up to Dragons lair to attempt to better this. Next year top pro will then have a higher standard to reach. arent we all not martial arts fans at the end of the day and that should be the ultimate winner, not individual clubs, people or dare I say it, egos!!!!!

if thats what it takes, then yeah why not.

As long as the pompadour wigs are mandatory. :D

dragons lair and top pro.......share the love people!!!!!!!!!

finally fixed that link. :D

dragons lair vs top pro what wud be the line up any ideas come on lads for the laugh name a few fights ud like to see

• Advertisement

Its time to put the issue to rest and get back to promoting the show on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

With all the posts on here concerning the MMA show in KK on Sat I think its sure to be a full house.
    I'd be there myself with bells on except that I've a Kickboxing/K-1 show in Gort the same night.
    Best of luck with it guys - hope its a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

any results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

any results?

It tomorow nite mate!!

Best of luck to all involved in the show and to all the fighters

It tomorow nite mate!!

It was tonight. It should be over by now. Hopefully someone who attended will pop on and post the results.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    It was tonight. It should be over by now. Hopefully someone who attended will pop on and post the results.

Sorry got my dates mixed up. So many shows on at the moment. Yeah any results???

Sorry got my dates mixed up. So many shows on at the moment. Yeah any results???

Sorry. I didn't attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Just back, really good night. Some great fights, every fighter who got in the cage tonight should be seriously proud of themselves.

Results: (Winner in bold)
    XTREME CAGE FIGHTING

Professional

Main Event

Richard “Boom Boom” Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter “Slam” Duncan (Chum Sut) 73kg Catchweight - Guillotine in the 2nd

Ian “Massive” Oneil (KIlkenny Top Pro) V Shane Mare (Tuatha De Denann) 60kg Catchweight - Split Dec

Semi Professional

Mick “Basher” Brennen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Peter Quealey (Waterford MMA) 73kg Catchweight - Split Decision

Dan “The Mangler” Cullen (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 68kg Catchweight - RNC in the 3rd(or late 2nd maybe)

Paul “Chopper” Donoughue (Kilkenny Top Pro) V Kieran O’Donnell 77kg Welterweight - Split Dec

Ger Teehan(Kilkenny Top Pro) V Shane Smith (Tuatha De Denann) 65.8kg Featherweight - RNC in the 2nd

Sean David
    (Wexford Warriors) V Andrew Murphy(Waterford MMA) 73kg Catchweight - UD

D Class

Ben Moore (Kilkenny Top Pro) V James Mc Clarron (PHK) 77kg Welterweight - Armbar in the 1st

Thanks Plastikman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Did the "Mihai Fiskow - VS - Alan Philpott" & the "Zybnek Pistek - VS - Carl Moore" fights take place? If so do you know the results of them?

Did the "Mihai Fiskow - VS - Alan Philpott" & the "Zybnek Pistek - VS - Carl Moore" fights take place? If so do you know the results of them?

No, neither fight was on the card. No idea about the Fiskow/Philpott fight, but a Big Ben's opponent pulled out earlier in the week and they had no luck finding a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

i won my fight by rear naked choke in the last round, not ger teehan

shanesmith wrote: »
    i won my fight by rear naked choke in the last round, not ger teehan

Apologies, got the corners confused. Changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

thanks plastikman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adamd6636

No, neither fight was on the card. No idea about the Fiskow/Philpott fight, but a Big Ben's opponent pulled out earlier in the week and they had no luck finding a replacement.
    fiskow injured his hand guys so cud not fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 massive69

it was a great night well done to all the fighters who put on a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dermotorourke

well done to all the fighters last great show guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dermotorourke

Dan Cullen and Tony Keane had to be fight of the night 2 great fighters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Dan Cullen and Tony Keane had to be fight of the night 2 great fighters

Agreed, great fight, tony was very strong and dan did great to stay cool and finish the fight. I thought massive won his fight though, was surprised he didnt get the decision

Advertisement