Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private nursing home costs

Options
  • 25-06-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Would there be anyone in the area that has any idea what the cost would be for a Private Nursing Home around here?

I assume that if any help is sought from HSE etc, that it will be means tested.

Thanks in advance.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I think the public health nurse based out of the clinic on James green would handle that, but I'm not too sure. At least they could point you in the right direction.

Also contact the nursing homes directly, some of them have web sites like this one http://www.gowranabbeynursinghome.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've no idea what prices are like now but you're looking at seven or eight hundred euros a week on average I'd guess (don't quote me on that though). There's also info on this site - the Nursing Homes Support Scheme. According to the home page "Since the 27th October 2009, the Nursing Homes Support Scheme is the single funded means of accessing long-term nursing home care for all new entrants"

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

Prices vary Dublin Nursing Homes costing more than their country counterparts, if you applied for the Nursing Home Support Scheme they calulate the weekly contribution for the client and the different is made up by the HSE so the price of the nursing home does not come into affect only for the HSE. If you pay privately the prices tend to increase on a yearly basis

The attached link includes prices

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/Older_People_Services/nhss/costs.html

Advertisement