Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone/BT current package 7mb = 3mb

• 25-06-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Just got a letter from Vodafone [previously BT] saying they are upgrading my package from [Up to 7mb] to [Up to 8mb]

Speed test averages to 3.6mbps.

Upgrade propbably has not happened, but im not 7 ?
    anyone else in the same boat, is UP TO 7 a way of sending the same letter to anyone in the 3-7 price bracket?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

I was on the 7Mb package and only got around 4Mb off peak and 2.5-3Mb peak. Pay alot of attention to the "up to" part :) Completely depends on where you are and layout of the wiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

it might be the fact your exchange has been enabled for Eircoms, NGB, and VF are migrating you to that package. You should get a consistent speed 24/7 if that is the case,

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Got that letter over a month ago myself - still no upgrade. Eircom call it Next Generation Broadband, vodafone call it Enhanced Broadband. Vodafone's site says "we'll upgrade you for free as soon as Enhanced Broadband is available in your area", and it also says that it is already available in my area - but still nothing. Email queries get no answer apart from "we do not have a definite date at this time regarding when this will be completed".

Eircom rep at the door last week said I could get NGB now, but I don't want to go with Eircom. Vodafone have previously told me that my line cannot support anything over 3Mbps - I don't know if NGB will change that.

Advertisement