Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone wishing they where at Glastonbury?

Options
  • 25-06-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Is anyone else wishin you where there, I do:( it's Friday evening and I keep on flippin into the BBC site to check the webcam, torturing myself

Or maybe there is a fellow boarder actually there!!!! and could give an update on the goings on in the mornings, a gist of the what happened for the lineup the night before, something to do while you're giddy cuing for the loo in the mornings

Just a suggestion tough:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Waaaa!!!
    I missed out on Glasto this year but I was even more gutted when U2 were replaced by the gorrillaz.
    Of all the years to miss??
    :(:(:(:(:(:(
    Right now I could be chowing down on Yeovally frozen yoghurt and exploring the green feilds.:cool:
    Didn't even get to see the new trash section during the day last year.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sugarbeat

I hear your pain:)

Ohh just lookin at this clip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-7AwA1Xp_0

remember being there so well

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

ye wish i cud have gone:mad:

but at least i'm goin to oxegen:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lolzNato

i wish i could've been there but i'm only 15 :pac: anyone else disappointed Bon Iver isnt playing this year? he was amazing last year

• Registered Users Posts: 31,913 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, I'd have paid the full price just to see Jackson Browne...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Poxy LC!

It's live on BBC3 for anyone wanting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sugarbeat

On it now, Vampire Weekend, Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Can anyone tell me why people who attend Glastonbury always have huge poles with flags on them. What is the point of them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

from what iv been watchin . . . gorillaz were sh*t, really boring live i thought it was dry for some reason , i would have loved if u2 could of played !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Does Dizzie have Nirvana sampled on his album or is it a live treat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

A V A wrote: »
    from what iv been watchin . . . gorillaz were sh*t, really boring live i thought it was dry for some reason , i would have loved if u2 could of played !!!!

Nooooooooooo don't say that. Supposed to be seeing Gorrillaz in a few months:)

I've just finished work at midnight and am now watching Glastonbury on BBC2...I know of 3 people who have gone (separately).....Wish i was there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Yeah Gorillaz - Albarn trying to get crowd going - just not working. And I'm going to see them too!

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Yeah Gorillaz - Albarn trying to get crowd going - just not working. And I'm going to see them too!

O2 Dublin? I have the whole thing recording so i'll go back through it tomorrow. Maybe its a one off bad performance. I've heard they are amazing live...Heres hoping:)

it didnt really work, i find some of their music good but they are just not a live band , its all the same live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

falan wrote: »
    O2 Dublin? I have the whole thing recording so i'll go back through it tomorrow. Maybe its a one off bad performance. I've heard they are amazing live...Heres hoping:)

Dublin yeah - Snoop is rescuing it slightly as I watch. Yeah reviews of live shows have been great. Not up to top billing on pyramid tonight though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

Been watching it on the beeb tonight and it looks fantastic, as ever. Lovely weather, and even Snoop looked like great craic.

Always find it a great preview for the Oxegen/E.P bands as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Gorillaz were awful. I can understand doing a set like that for one of their own concerts but its not very festivally. Whatever that means ;)

In terms of Glastonbury as a whole. I enjoy watching it on TV every year excluding the studio lameness but i wouldnt go as i hate hippies and those stupid flags annoy the piss out of me.

keith_d99 wrote: »

He had a huge task on his hands to be fair to him.

Pauleta wrote: »

In terms of Glastonbury as a whole. I enjoy watching it on TV every year excluding the studio lameness but i wouldnt go as i hate hippies and those stupid flags annoy the piss out of me.

I admire your honesty.

Thunder10 wrote: »
    Been watching it on the beeb tonight and it looks fantastic, as ever. Lovely weather, and even Snoop looked like great craic.

Always find it a great preview for the Oxegen/E.P bands as well.

Can you imagine RTE doing live coverage of oxegen or E.P?....:D:D:D I wish they would but theres more chance of seeing pigs fly:D

• Advertisement

Can you imagine RTE doing live coverage of oxegen or E.P?....:D:D:D I wish they would but theres more chance of seeing pigs fly:D

TV3 used to cover Witness/Oxegen.

The MTV coverage is desperate as it is wouldnt want RTE near anything like that.

Really enjoy the BBC coverage of Glasto though, gives a good indication of who to see/avoid at our own festivals.

They'd probably have Glenda Gilson and the rest of that crowd presenting it for them if they still did it now...Jaysus..:o

i agree with the point made about the way gorillaz arent very festivlly haha there not, what there playing is good for their own concert but not as a headline at glasto and specially for the 40th :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Is anyone else wishin you where there, I do:( it's Friday evening and I keep on flippin into the BBC site to check the webcam, torturing myself

Or maybe there is a fellow boarder actually there!!!! and could give an update on the goings on in the mornings, a gist of the what happened for the lineup the night before, something to do while you're giddy cuing for the loo in the mornings

Just a suggestion tough:)

It's on the tv too

I have seen a doves video on Youtube from witness (the song cedar room) with the tv3 symbol. I cant recall seeing it at the time. Wish they would do it now. Its always the same every year. I watch Glasto on bbc and i always say i'm going next year and i never end up going:o

Jesus watching Gorrillaz now and they are bad enough:(

i agree with the point made about the way gorillaz arent very festivlly haha there not, what there playing is good for their own concert but not as a headline at glasto and specially for the 40th :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Would have to agree, quite enjoyed them on the box but hardly the headliner of Glasto on the 40th anniversary.

Obvious replacement would have been The Strokes and it would have gone down a storm.

Would have to agree, quite enjoyed them on the box but hardly the headliner of Glasto on the 40th anniversary.

Obvious replacement would have been The Strokes and it would have gone down a storm.

god ye that would be so kool and julian casablacas is playin his own show at glasto aswell

god ye that would be so kool and julian casablacas is playin his own show at glasto aswell

Makes sense to me. This just would've made Glasto:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

The MTV coverage is desperate as it is wouldnt want RTE near anything like that.

Really enjoy the BBC coverage of Glasto though, gives a good indication of who to see/avoid at our own festivals.
    Love it every year..Edith Bowman ROCKZ \m/..Florence came on with Dizzee and the crowd went mental ..arent they playing Oxegen the same day?..thou could be wrong..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement