Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry, tomorrow. John Creedon competition.

Options
  • 25-06-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

The thread about this in the target shooting forum seems to have slowly decayed.
    Can I ask the mods to maybe leave this one open tonight in case anyone missed the old one & is at a loose end/can attend tomorrow's shoot?

Also, Johnny was a very well known hunter & probably not as well known to target shooters.
    Anyway, it's on tomorrow & there are some very nice prizes up for grabs. There'll be rafles too so everyone will have a chance to win something :).

Charity shoot with proceeds to Bee For Battens.
    More info: http://www.jcreedon.info

Thanks mods :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Do you have to be a member of the range to shoot in a comp or is ok once you have your own insurance (in my case it would be my gun club insurance from nargc) just curious as i'v never attended a comp and I'm not a member of a range but I would like to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    Do you have to be a member of the range to shoot in a comp or is ok once you have your own insurance (in my case it would be my gun club insurance from nargc) just curious as i'v never attended a comp and I'm not a member of a range but I would like to try it out.

Not sure for said range Paulo but in Midlands you just need insurance. ( and the fee to shoot)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

No need to be a member for tomorrow's shoot, just bring your licence & proof of insurance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Not sure for said range Paulo but in Midlands you just need insurance. ( and the fee to shoot)

And be signed in/vouched for by a member and have a valid licence for the firearm/s you will be using if I remember rightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

And be signed in/vouched for by a member and have a valid licence for the firearm/s you will be using if I remember rightly

Yea, i was just talking about the insurance. Never thought of the valid licence sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

bet john clooney will win it

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

jwshooter wrote: »

na myself and edi are gonna give him a run for his money again this year

??
    .......again this year.....??

There wasn't any memorial shoot for Johnny last year as he only passed away earlier this year.
    Lest there be any confusion, this isn't a Wild Deer shoot. It's open to everyone.
    There will be no specific Wild Deer Assoc. shoot/competition tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Wild Deer Association of Ireland.

Shooting Competition in Memory of John Creedon

The John Creedon Memorial Shoot has been launched as an annual competition in remembrance of John. All proceeds from the competition will go to charity.

This year’s proceeds will go to Saoirse & Liam Heffernan who have recently been diagnosed with Batten’s Disease. go to http://www.beeforbattens.org/ for further details.

The competition this year will take place in the An Ríocht Shooting Range, Castlemaine in Co. Kerry on June 26th. All are welcome and the competition is organized for all shooters including those who are not members of the Wild Deer Association of Ireland.

The competition will be open to all calibers and standards, for further details go to http://www.jcreedon.info

We would call on all members to support this worthy event.

Sikamick

He's a good shot alright. He shot in at least one of the "fox" shoots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

what i ment was that we are going to give him a bit of competition just like in other shoots .no need to tell me about johnny i shot and hunted with the man for years, from when i was a very young lad, he was even going on a trip to hungary with us but sadly passed away days before leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Looking forward to tomorrow.
    A bit of competition coming up from a fast twist 223 lad....as I witnessed this eve.
    A few win mags and a sika stalker's wsm gonna push hard too.
    edi

Kramer wrote: »
    No need to be a member for tomorrow's shoot, just bring your licence & proof of insurance :)

Pity I didn't know about this yesterday I would have brought my rifle's with me. I'm in Killarney now and my stuff is back in tip this is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Pity I didn't know about this yesterday I would have brought my rifle's with me. I'm in Killarney now and my stuff is back in tip this is killing me

Get on ya bike mate...Its only an hours spin from kerry to tipp at 140 mph:D

If big John Murphy is there I`ll put my money on him...
    That lad can shoot flies off a jam jar at 300...with his 270 blazer

dwighet wrote: »
    If big John Murphy is there I`ll put my money on him...
    That lad can shoot flies off a jam jar at 300...with his 270 blazer

Think he won the last "fox" shoot?

Think he won the last "fox" shoot?

he did indeed.

dwighet wrote: »
    Get on ya bike mate...Its only an hours spin from kerry to tipp at 140 mph:D

i would in a hart beat but i'm minding the kids. i suppose i could strap them on to the bike:rolleyes:, maybe not .. (my bike will do 180mph):D so i'm told
    are you going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

i would in a hart beat but i'm minding the kids. i suppose i could strap them on to the bike:rolleyes:, maybe not .. (my bike will do 180mph):D so i'm told
    are you going

Fireblade or R1 ;)

I initially thought this was something to do with RTE as there is an RTE radio 1 guy with the same name.

Was he at the Midlands shoot?

Fireblade or R1 ;)

I initially thought this was something to do with RTE as there is an RTE radio 1 guy with the same name.

Was he at the Midlands shoot?

honda CBR 1100 XX SUPER BLACKBIRD.;)
    THE MUTS NUTS.
    nothing to do with midlands sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

honda CBR 1100 XX SUPER BLACKBIRD.;)
    THE MUTS NUTS.
    nothing to do with midlands sorry

I never rode a black Bird :D
    They are good for more than 180, on a track of course ;)

Were the lads not saying he was at a fox shooting comp in Midlands or am I gnawing on the wrong end of the stick?

how did todays comp go . did ye get a good turn out

are you going

I never went mate...I had a good casual shoot in Andyones sandpit with Clive J,Andyone and Tomcat from here on boards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

heard ejg won it ,the top five shooters noting in it .the v bull at 300 sorted it .
    the standard was high in the wind .

heard ejg won it ,the top five shooters noting in it .the v bull at 300 sorted it .
    the standard was high in the wind .

Good for ejd....
    Im delighted he took it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

We had a great day out. Weather held up and the wind wasn't too bad.
    I think the turnout was not as much as expected. Great to meet up with the lads from the Wild Deer Assoc again.
    I had some lucky day, not only did the competition work out well but I got lucky in the raffle and won the centerfire rifle.

Only the second competition I've taken part in, but it was nice to see that one can still compete with a li'll huntin rifle. I used our old sako that's in our family since 40 years and had been rebarreled by Roedale Precision a few years ago. The ultralight carbon fiber stock we made and carbon fiber bedding also seem to work well.

My thanks to the shoot organisers and sponsors for a well run event.

edi

ejg wrote: »
    We had a great day out. Weather held up and the wind wasn't too bad.
    I think the turnout was not as much as expected. Great to meet up with the lads from the Wild Deer Assoc again.
    I had some lucky day, not only did the competition work out well but I got lucky in the raffle and won the centerfire rifle.

Only the second competition I've taken part in, but it was nice to see that one can still compete with a li'll huntin rifle. I used our old sako that's in our family since 40 years and had been rebarreled by Roedale Precision a few years ago. The ultralight carbon fiber stock we made and carbon fiber bedding also seem to work well.

My thanks to the shoot organisers and sponsors for a well run event.

edi

wel done i wish i was there maybe next time;)

wel done i wish i was there maybe next time;)

aye...me too

The site has been updated with the full results & pictures from the day:

http://www.jcreedon.info

It was a great event. Looking forward to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 98b

I gather that the shoot went down well and the winner wiped the floor with a 6.5x47 special..From what were told the comp was a great success and from the pictures and report on the website it seems to have been a great day.

Congrats to the organisers,job well done.

Advertisement