Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Mini One

Options
  • 25-06-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a Mini One, preferably no older than 08. I would go for a new one if I could get a decent scrappage deal on my own car. Just wondering how much I should expect to pay. Been looking around on the internet and prices are varying from 14,500 - 17,000 for 08 models. Obviously I'm going to try talk the dealers down as low as I can. Also wondering about the scrappage deal thing I have a 00 yaris, is there a set price on this scrappage deal or does it vary? Any dealers people would recommend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You mean the government scrappage deal that only applies to new cars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Government Scrappage scheme only applies to buying a brand new car.

Some dealers are doing their own scrappage schemes against second had cars but this is really the same as just offering a cash discount on the used car.

BTW MINI have a introduced a new model especially for the Government Scrappage Scheme called the MINI First and this one can be had for around €16500 under the scrappage scheme:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201019197967402

Downside is that they are pretty bare equipment wise but it is a brand new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Oh yeah I meant the scrappage deal for buying a new car!! sorry if that wasn't clear! I'd settle for an 08 but if i got decent scrappage I'd go for a new one! Must look at this mini first so, I really like the one, all i am after is a plain one 2 door NO STRIPES :D

Advertisement