Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage to car in underground carpark

Options
  • 25-06-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey,just looking for some advice here,ive had 3 cars/vans damaged in the underground car park of the apartment block i live in,2 of them have been caught on camera but the managment company say the caint see who done it,my car parking space is beside the entrance to the stair coir and i tink its people sqeezing past my car instead of walking around the car park,managment have signs up saying that they have no responabilty if cars are damaged,the last scratch was about 6ft long and its gona cost between 600 to 800 to repait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just curious - what is your question?

You can ask the management company for a copy of the CCTV footage. Tell them you need it for insurance reasons.

As for their signs, they are correct. The management company have no liability for a person doing damage to your car. You would have to take civil action against the person responsible for any costs.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

hm1982 wrote: »
    the last scratch was about 6ft long and its gona cost between 600 to 800 to repait
    Does it happen at any particular days/times? Maybe a video recorder that has a motion detector may catch the fúcker that is doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

you could set up a camera using the car battery .lighter plug and try and catch someone doing damage.cameras are very cheap nowadays.6ft long scratch does not sound like an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hm1982

it happens overnight,i think i will invest in a camera,the cctv shows people walking between my car and neighbours with bags of rubbish instead of walking around them,im asking the mangement company to put a chain rope between the pilar and wall to stop people walking between the cars,im hoping that my stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They won't put something like that up, because it is more of a liability for someone falling over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Put a "wet paint" sign on the pillar.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can you park diagonally across the space so that people can't walk past?

Or maybe ask your neighbour to park in the opposite direction to you so you can leave too small a gap for people to walk through, as their car must be getting damaged also*, and you can both still access your drivers door.

* And if it isn't you may have your #1 suspect.

Advertisement