Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

España -v- Portugal, Tues 7:30pm RTE & BBC HD

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ush1 wrote: »
    You mean Torres ONLY scores in England. :)

I'ver never been a fan of Torres. Same deal as C.Ronaldo for me. A very quick and direct player that suits the "fast pace" of the premier league. I realise he's also doing well with Real Madrid but I think it has alot to do with the club he's playing for.

Villa is so much more than a sprinter who can finish.

Torres has exceptional movement - his reading of the game is unbelievable, what he does without the ball is almost as impressive as what he does with it.

He's much more than a sprinter who can finish.

He is frequently underrated by many, especially those who say things like 'he does nothing for 89 mins and then pops up with a goal'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Whereas Messi is the best player in the world when the sticks are down and his team need a goal, Ronaldo is the best player in the world when his team are already winning and doing well.

This world cup proved that. His best form - the second half against North Korea when the game was already won.

Unlike most players, who gain or lose confidence from their own performances which then affects their performance for the team, he gains and loses confidence from his teams performances to affect himself. It seemed he had no belief that the Portugal team were good enough to beat Spain and he felt their only hope was he might score a wonder goal of some sort. When the scores were 0-0 just before half time, he fell while trying to dribble (wasn't a dive, no player near him) and then it took him about thirty seconds to go from lying down to standing up. He didn't look hurt or anything or try to feign, the body was more "what's the point, we haven't a hope."

Its strange really, this Portugal team have a great defence and conceded just one goal against an amazing Spanish side and none in the other three matches. So the problem is with the attack, which he spearheads. Maybe he blames the service - then again he was a winger and he didn't exactly provide service to his teammates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Whereas Messi is the best player in the world when the sticks are down and his team need a goal, Ronaldo is the best player in the world when his team are already winning and doing well.

That's an unfair comment.

The guy is an ass alright, but I think Ronaldo has shown he is more than a fair weather player.

Advertisement